Anybody Got a Good Hush Puppy Recipe

I'm not a beans guy, so I'm looking for something easy to make to compliment my fish and fried potatoes. If it's something that could be premixed and stored for shore-lunch that would be awesome. I typically fry fish in about 1/2" of oil over a campfire, so I'm picturing making some mini-hush puppies in the same pan as the fish.

I figured I'd start here with you guys and resort to Google later.

Thanks!

I am going to make a hushpuppy recipe tonight. I didn't want to reply until I know it is a good recipe, don't give up on me:)

I will post the recipe tomorrow if it is good. I found these for you, I haven't made them.

These taste best when they are cooked in oil where fish has been fried.

1 cup regular yellow cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup beer
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
vegetable oil for deep frying

Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Add eggs, beer, onion, and jalapenos; mix well.

Carefully drop batter by rounded teaspoonfulls into hot oil. Cook in batches, only a few at a time, until golden brown. Hushpuppies will turn over in the oil on their own when one side is done

http://eatwisconsincheese.com/recipes/article.aspx?rid=2755

I am going to make a hushpuppy recipe tonight. I didn't want to reply until I know it is a good recipe, don't give up on me:)

I will post the recipe tomorrow if it is good. I found these for you, I haven't made them.

These taste best when they are cooked in oil where fish has been fried.

1 cup regular yellow cornmeal

1 cup all purpose flour

1 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup beer

3/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper

vegetable oil for deep frying

Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Add eggs, beer, onion, and jalapenos; mix well.

Carefully drop batter by rounded teaspoonfulls into hot oil. Cook in batches, only a few at a time, until golden brown. Hushpuppies will turn over in the oil on their own when one side is done.

http://eatwisconsincheese.com/recipes/article.aspx?rid=2755

Thanks Roxy! If like it I'll give you some fresh walleye from up north.

Please let me know if it was good, I would really appreciate it. I made hushpuppies last night and it was awful. I won't be making the recipe I used again! It wasn't a recipe that I posted though so you know. I love fresh fish:) My dad and I used to go fishing a lot...I miss those days. We went fishing at his ponds and he knew of some secret places to fish at too. We caught blue gills and bullheads.