Horrendous day for the Big Ten

• Hokies up on Ohio State 35-21 in the last minute of the 4th
  • Central Michigan squashed Purdue 38-17
  • Northern Illinois beat Northwestern 23-15
  • Oregon ran up the score on the "best defense" in the Big ten to the tune of 46-27
  • Notre Dame shut out Michigan 31-0

• Maryland, Minnesota, Iowa, Rutgers, Penn State, Illinois, and as everyone knows Nebraska had close wins against "inferior" opponents.

When 12 out of 13 Teams in your conference have a rough Saturday early on in the season, I think a huge statement has been made clear, the talent and coaching is not very far off from one another and sometimes the competition is much closer than the average fan would ever like to admit. Sure the days of pounding opponents into the ground was awesome, and the 90's are a great period in Nebraska lore.

But those days are long over with, now its a dog eat dog firefight every weekend and I'm sure glad we have a leader like Ameer Abdullah to look to when the game is on the line. He will be a Heisman trophy winner in my book regardless of how the season goes.

Good on Mcneese for executing their game plan and bringing their A game, they deserve a lot of credit. We need all the kinks ironed out before the conference slate begins.

• Fire 2

No doubt its a pretty bad situation right now for the big ten. The va tech/ohio st game, though tied late, never really was even that close. Michigans display probably put hokes other foot out the door. Mich st looked great until one play and they wound up gettin run out of eugene

I stand by my prediction of 10-4 which in this conference and startin 4-0 like o expect will be a massive failure.