American Jihad

I'll take it from here Carl. I feel your pain.

Pretty 'far out' if I can borrow that 60s term.

I could pick this article apart in several ways and I like to think I am as patriotic as anyone and believe in the 'rightness' of our form of govt as the next guy but this author really jumps to some amazing conclusions and takes some amazing steps in ignorance:

a few examples - but each sentence almost could be an example:

1. We would accept the fact that an American jihad could mean boots on the ground in many places in the world where human rights are being denigrated and horrors are unfolding. Because wherever leaders and movements appear that seek to trample upon the human spirit, we have a God-given right to intervene — because we have been to the mountaintop of freedom, and we have seen the Promised Land spanning the globe

This is a neo-con's dream. John McCain could have written this. I'm going to refute this with a Biblical reference that is applicable as well as with political/cultural logic:

Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Basically, (if one believes in God or if not the principle is true) Paul is saying through God's sovereign act, nations are set for a period of time wt specific boundaries. This author fails to acknowledge this simple fact: all nations have the right to self rule. We don't have a God given right to intervene in all places at all times. Before long we would be trampling other nations in our effort to create democracies. His assumptions that our form of govt will work for all is amazing in light of our recent experiments in Iraq, Afgan. I do think, as a moral people, we do have a responsibility to help relieve oppression as best we can, but that doesn't mean placing boots on the ground and being the world's policeman.

Being a benevolent dictator is still being a dictator.

2. We would urge our leaders, after their service in the U.S. Senate and Congress, to seek dual citizenship in other nations, like France and Italy and Sweden and Argentina and Brazil and Germany, and work to influence those nations to adopt laws very much like our own. We might even fund our leaders' campaigns for office in these other nations.

:facepalm: How stupid is this? Actually a scary mindset that we've seen before. Can I bring up the Nazis and the 'Superior White German race'?? Not much different here - only a certain 'elect' race can adequately govern. Ironically, he mentions Germany and countries like Brazil and Argentina where some of the superior race leaders were found after WW2.

3. An American jihad would embrace the correct belief that if every nation on earth were governed by freely elected leaders and by our Constitution, the world would be a far better place. And an American jihad would not only hope for this outcome, but work toward it.

This guy must have slept through his global culture class. One word refute: Ethnocentrism is judging another culture solely by the values and standards of one's own culture. Ethnocentric individuals judge other groups relative to their own ethnic group or culture, especially with concern for language, behavior, customs, and religion.

4. An American jihad would make every tax dollar a tithing and the squandering of those dollars a sin. An American jihad would make every hour spent working in an American company — or founding one — an offering. An American jihad would make every teacher of American history not only a public servant, but a servant of the Truth.

:dunno What the heck does this mean?? Okay the the establishment of patriotism as the national religion.

5. An American jihad would turn back and topple the terrible self-loathing in our citizens set in motion by President Obama, beginning with his "apology tour” — a psychological plague. It would make American pride not only acceptable, but celebrated, again. And, remember, American pride is nothing more than being proud to support truths that are self-evident, irreducible, elemental and inevitable.

American pride started to fall prior to the apology tour. The 2 wars and the crash kind of burst our bubble before that tour (which I do agree that O went too far in some of his statements)

6. We would unabashedly fund pro-democracy movements around the world, partly with government funding and partly with donations from American citizens. Through these donations we would seek to double the budgets of the CIA and our Special Forces, seek to fund an international mercenary force for good and provide our veterans unparalleled health care.

OK, I guess he hasn't heard of our national debt. CIA & Special Forces - the boots on the ground throughout the world. I'm sure that will be welcomed everywhere. 'unparalleled health care' - is that ACA 2.0? :dunno

7. The Constitution, along with the miracle of our nation's founding and the providential history of America fighting and winning war after war against oppressive regimes, proves our manifest destiny not only to preserve our borders and safety and national character at home, but to spread around the world our love of individual freedom and insist on its reflection in every government.

I do believe the Constitution is a 'miracle' and should be taught to all Americans and be a source of pride. However, he takes manifest destiny and extends it to the rest of the world. Again Ethnocentrism

8. American jihad

Kind of a bad choice of words if we want to promote democracy in the middle east, don't you think?? Just saying. The perception is that we will kill you for your own benefit if need

be to give you our form of govt.

9. We would tie American aid to incremental changes not just in the attitudes, but in the fundamental structures, of countries. These changes would move those countries, slowly but inexorably, toward reflecting our Constitution in their own charters.

Besides the statements that generally state that Americans should have pride in our own form of govt,(I don't mean specific administrations or congress but the form itself) which we should have, this is the only statement (above) I can agree with. I think our foreign aid should be tied to improvement in individual civil rights and freedoms. We shouldn't be sending money to dictators who are abusing their citizens. But I don't think they have to reflect our constitution but reflect the spirit behind our Declaration of Indep and Bill of Rights.

10. Dr. Keith Ablow is a psychiatrist and member of the Fox News Medical A-Team.

Degrees from the univ Mr Ablow attended need to be decertified.

I'd hate to see the B-Mediical Team ( the J-V Team) :ahhhhhhhh