2006 Class makes Nebraska history

There is something very special about this year's recruiting class that I believe will go down in the history books. When was the last year any recruiting analyst made the comment "The strength of this year's Husker class is its wide-receiver corps," or the "Husker's receiver recruits are the envy of the Big 12"?

Acutally, when was the last time the huskers recruited more than one stand-out wide receiver in a year? or for that matter when was the last time we recruited even a single receiver with national prominence? It has been a few years.

I believe this is a sign that the Husker program has turned the corner. Kudo's to the recruiting staff at Nebraska! :thumbs

LeFlore was the last highly rated guy I know of that the Huskers landed, but he was a Omaha guy who was not rated in the top 100. We landed Brooks last year, who was top 100 at one point, and was slowed by injury this year, and Purify, a top 10 Juco player and five star on scouts. We havent landed any guys more highly sought after than those two before these last couple of years.