Minor Issue With Text

AR, I figured if anybody would know what's up with this, it'd probably be you, but if any other mods know, feel free to chime in.

I frequently post in separated paragraphs (like so) to keep my points straight. However, lately, I've been noticing that a lot of the time when I post a new reply, somehow the site automatically deletes one of my paragraph breaks and two of my paragraphs wind up running together.

Pretty easy fix, as I usually just edit and hit return again and it's fixed, but it's still an annoyance. Anybody have any ideas what's causing this?

Hm. Well, the rich text editor is often finicky. It happens more frequently when you start changing the styles, and I think especially when you paste text that isn't plain text into the box -- it comes with all the formatting.

One solution would be to use Ctrl+Shift+V to paste plain text. I tend to turn off the rich text editor most times.

I'm not sure if that describes this particular issue...it's also possible it's a style issue, where it only seems the paragraphs run together when the page automatically refreshes with your post. The next time it happens, try refreshing the page without edits and see if that changes it.

Another possible issue is the browser you use. In particular, various versions of Internet Explorer behaves rather oddly at times. Try giving another browser a try to see if that does it for you, and if so, please post back and let us know which you were using, and which one worked correctly.

And to zoogie's point, what I tend to do is type using the plain text option. Then, I switch to the WYSIWYG editor if I want to include or insert hyperlinks, font effects, etc. That seems to also work well.

I seem to get this issue when typing in default text, though I also recall it happening when doing some copy and pasting, Zoogies, so I'll be mindful of that.

I generally use Firefox at home and Chrome on my phone, so IE isn't the issue.

Is there a button to toggle off the Rich Text Editor when posting? If so, I will try that.

I'm typing in a lot of different lines to see if I can replicate the issue. It is pretty infrequent, honestly, but annoying when it happens.

I don't think I've tried refreshing it Zoogs, I'll try that next time it occurs as well.