Wishing things could speed up and knowing they can't

tmfr15

This is the part that I hate about the coach change bit. We knew that Bo could be out after the Wisconsin game.

But I still held out some hope that he would be retained. And here is why.

The coach change news is constant and it gets old.

First you're like, well don't keep us waiting, fire the coach.

Then we're like, don't keep us waiting, announce the new coach

Then we're like, don't keep us waiting, announce the new staff

Then we're like, don't keep us waiting, tell us what you are going to do here

Then we're like, how is recruiting going to be different... what is going to be done with the blackshirts. how soon is it until spring. And will this work out? Will it?

We only have about nine months to wait. And I am tired of waiting already.

When you have a coach, a lot of those questions are answered. And there is not as much fan fatigue from having to wait for the next important announcement all the time. I am not a Husker fan to listen to boring press conferences or read mind numbing press releases that go on and on and say nothing in the end.

If Bo was here, we would be talking about the next game. Now the game is a bit of an after thought. We have a game coming up and I am not even all that excited for it because it is going to mean zero.

Anybody have any of these same frustrations?

• Fire 1

Come on, please tell me we're not all that. "Are we there yet", "how much farther". Live life one day at a time and enjoy that day. :dunno

This is the part that I hate about the coach change bit. We knew that Bo could be out after the Wisconsin game.

But I still held out some hope that he would be retained. And here is why.

The coach change news is constant and it gets old.

First you're like, well don't keep us waiting, fire the coach.

Then we're like, don't keep us waiting, announce the new coach

Then we're like, don't keep us waiting, announce the new staff

Then we're like, don't keep us waiting, tell us what you are going to do here

Then we're like, how is recruiting going to be different... what is going to be done with the blackshirts. how soon is it until spring. And will this work out? Will it?

We only have about nine months to wait. And I am tired of waiting already.

When you have a coach, a lot of those questions are answered. And there is not as much fan fatigue from having to wait for the next important announcement all the time. I am not a Husker fan to listen to boring press conferences or read mind numbing press releases that go on and on and say nothing in the end.

If Bo was here, we would be talking about the next game. Now the game is a bit of an after thought. We have a game coming up and I am not even all that excited for it because it is going to mean zero.

Anybody have any of these same frustrations?

Idk, maybe I'm just getting old.

Still trying to get behind the Riley hire (give me time)... And I share most all of your frustrations right now...

That said, every year (including the "sanction" years 2004-2007) I can't help but get pumped for the bowl. Even if it's a crappy bowl, with a bad opponent, or someone "guaranteed" to whoop on DONU, there's always A CHANCE NU surprises...

I'm not much of a sunshine pumper. I'm pragmatic. And that sucks with so many unknowns.

Buuuttt.... What if NU shows up to the bowl and plays 4Q of solid football. Just goes out, has fun playing 4Q of solid football. Win or loose, that's something we have not done in way too long... I also think it's a sign of a good mentality starting to make a comeback... Just the thought it MIGHT happen soon has me juiced...

Idk, it is tough & I know how you feel right now. Imagine where we were a week ago and where we will be come end of the month...

Let me know if you figure it out; would love to hear how you did it ;)