America's Middle Class is Lost in Space

tschu

Want to read/see part three. I have for years thought that that our high school councilors place too much emphasis on going to college. We have far too many kids who don't belong in college but do belong in Tech School. Who cares about English Lit or Art History when your skills are best suited to auto mechanics, heating and air conditioning, cooking or hundreds of other trades that can give people a great living?

T_O_B

Want to read/see part three. I have for years thought that that our high school councilors place too much emphasis on going to college. We have far too many kids who don't belong in college but do belong in Tech School. Who cares about English Lit or Art History when your skills are best suited to auto mechanics, heating and air conditioning, cooking or hundreds of other trades that can give people a great living?

T_O_B

I am completely with you there. The attitude from the 'guidance councilors' is that going into the trades makes someone a failure. But a good tradesman will make a hell of a lot more than most people with a crappy business degree.