ESPN.com Sherman: “Mike Riley is a breath of fresh air"

http://huskernsider.tumblr.com/post/107622690681/n-sider-proof-of-positive-external-perspective

Mitch Sherman, College Football Reporter, ESPN.com

“Mike Riley is a breath of fresh air. That’s no commentary on his predecessors; rather, an observation that in this era of major-college athletics, Riley’s positivity and accessibility are rare. It’s evident in his coaching staff, too, and I think Nebraska fans and players will soon grow to feel a kinship with this group. So often, teams are a direct reflection of their leaders, starting with the head coach. In this instance, I expect Riley’s personality and approach to all aspects of football to allow his staff and players to operate with a sense of freedom that can help Nebraska move forward in a successful way.”

• Fire 1

http://huskernsider.tumblr.com/post/107622690681/n-sider-proof-of-positive-external-perspective

“Mike Riley is a breath of fresh air. That’s no commentary on his predecessors; rather, an observation that in this era of major-college athletics, Riley’s positivity and accessibility are rare. It’s evident in his coaching staff, too, and I think Nebraska fans and players will soon grow to feel a kinship with this group. So often, teams are a direct reflection of their leaders, starting with the head coach. In this instance, I expect Riley’s personality and approach to all aspects of football to allow his staff and players to operate with a sense of freedom that can help Nebraska move forward in a successful way.”

Eric...thanks for posting all of these. I'm generally too busy to search around for these types of quotes. Very good stuff.

Somebody had to take Nexus' job. What the hell ever happened to him anyway?

Word is that he got caught flashing a group of nuns selling orphaned kittens down in Lincoln. Huskerboard put him on probation and said that if he follows the terms and procedures they set forth, they might let him back in if they feel like it. Supposedly he can't log into HB, look at HB, stand next to anyone who might be looking at HB, visit any other rival sites, think about Husker football, drink beer, breathe, potato sack race on sundays or have any negative thoughts about Michio Kaku's qualifications as a theoretical physicist. If he does any of those, he's banned for life, but they won't tell him until the last minute. That's just what Coach Riley's Yukon Gold potato peeler guy's sister told me.

• Fire 4

Eric...thanks for posting all of these. I'm generally too busy to search around for these types of quotes. Very good stuff.

If I wasn't connected to the board I wouldn't read through all these things either.

Glad you like it.

• Fire 1