American Sniper

There aren't too many movie trailers I see that make me want to go see a movie right away (OK, maybe there are) but this was one of them. I haven't seen it yet, though, and with the mixed reviews don't know if I will. I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper, though.

Amazing insight darkhorse. I also have to admit, I really liked Hurt Locker. I hear what you are saying about the sniper team bit and the ending.

Yea I can see how it looked like rolling out with by themselves. The EOD missions i've seen if they were reacting to something a convoy or ground troops found. They would roll out with just 2 other security humvees for 3 vehicles total. So in my mind I just assumed that they were there. The operational stuff i agree with. But didn't bother me as Hollywood would never get it right anyway. I agree with Jeremy Renner's character 100%

Haven't seen the movie yet, but wouldn't mind seeing it. I myself would never expect the movie to be exactly like the real stuff that went on in Iraq. I am great full, appreciative and in awe of anyone who has chose to serve in our military. But, I am sure that they are trying to ratchet up the action in movies like American Sniper, Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty.

I am sure there was than enough real action for those that were deployed, I just mean that they are probably condensing a lot of it into shorter time frames and changing things to even make it more dramatic.

As far as critics are concerned it is all just some ones opinion. Case in point I saw 2 reviews of Wolf of Wall street. One guy basically said it was the best movie of the year, one though it was terrible. I myself thought it was kind of dumb. Haven't seen Boyhood either but all the critics love it and have heard several people say it was stupid, including Chick McGee on the Bob and Tom show. He went off for about 10 minutes about it really having no plot.

There aren't too many movie trailers I see that make me want to go see a movie right away (OK, maybe there are) but this was one of them. I haven't seen it yet, though, and with the mixed reviews don't know if I will. I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper, though.

Amazing insight darkhorse. I also have to admit, I really liked Hurt Locker. I hear what you are saying about the sniper team bit and the ending.

If you can forgive how Hollywood can't portray how the military truly works. Then i'm sure you'd like the movie. But if you've been in the service and like things portrayed correctly. I'd wait till it's out in redbox. So you don't waste as much money renting it if you didn't like it.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but wouldn't mind seeing it. I myself would never expect the movie to be exactly like the real stuff that went on in Iraq.

I am sure there was than enough real action for those that were deployed, I just mean that they are probably condensing a lot of it into shorter time frames and changing things to even make it more dramatic.

I think the problem is more who we were fighting in Iraq and even in Afghanistan. The enemy was faceless for the most part. When rolling around the city you couldn't tell who the enemy was in most cases cause they looked like everyone else. A lot of the attacks were ied's that were remote detonated by someone hiding in public. Unless an ambush happened. Or you were with infantry doing door to door sweeps. Odds are you never seen the enemy at all or at least would recognize one. So they are having to create these inaccurate scenes and or bad guys for the audience to recognize who to hate and root against. Unlike other movies such as We Were Soldiers and Pearl Harbor. The enemy was an obvious one. They stood out amongst the locals. So Hollywood could be more accurate with the story.

If you can forgive how Hollywood can't portray how the military truly works. Then i'm sure you'd like the movie. But if you've been in the service and like things portrayed correctly. I'd wait till it's out in redbox. So you don't waste as much money renting it if you didn't like it.

I haven't been, which is why it's always great to hear opinions and read the insights from those of you who have. A thousand little things I would probably never have noticed. Generally I'm quite forgiving of Hollywood, I guess. I mean, I watched 300 in theaters, though I'm not much of a theater goer anymore.

I haven't been, which is why it's always great to hear opinions and read the insights from those of you who have. A thousand little things I would probably never have noticed. Generally I'm quite forgiving of Hollywood, I guess. I mean, I watched 300 in theaters, though I'm not much of a theater goer anymore.

Then i'd encourage you to go. It's a good story and movie is well done. The only complaints is the inaccuracy ive seen is by those in the military. Then some in the media who took his quotes out of context. When I went the theater was packed so go early for good seats.

• Fire 1

Saw it last night. I was a good movie, but wouldn't say I would watch it again. Schindler's List was the same kind of movie. I thought Cooper was really good. They played Kyle as not being real comfortable with the hero stuff. I don't know if that is true or not.

If the street fighting was any close to that I respect our serviceman even more than before.