Best Gym Class You Had?

We played bombardment in elementary school as well, except we used bowling pins instead. It was a ton of fun.

That strobe light dodgeball sounds intense and loads of fun, minus the impending seizures.

It was so cool and probably super dangerous...we only did it a few times. I am sure that if it was done today some crazy parent would have the schools shut down.

Dangerous? Nah, not at all, except for the kid who didn't participate and got drilled in the face...cuz we all know that one kid...who's mother today would definitely get that game shut down. The kids in my school loved the game and our PE teacher obliged so we played a lot.

Mat-ball

Kickball in the gym with 4' x 8' gymnastic mats for the bases. No foul balls. You had to go around twice to score.

Two things made it great. First, there was no limit on the number of runners on any base. So you'd have 10 people take off in mass from the same base when the ball was kicked. Even better, to beat out a throw you would be running full speed and lay out diving for the mat, sliding 12-15 feet across the floor - but still on the mat - if you were moving fast enough.

We played the mat-ball too. Dang we had some fun games.

Anyone want to get a HB mat-ball or bombardment game going?

Best in a way - I didn't die. Vaulting horse - tried to do a sommersault, but didn't get enough torque - got to a handstand position and started to go down head first to the ground. The student teacher grabbed my T-shirt and managed to turn me enough to land on my side.

What was his name?

Jeff some body

Oh yeah

Jeff Kinney

Best in a way - I didn't die. Vaulting horse - tried to do a sommersault, but didn't get enough torque - got to a handstand position and started to go down head first to the ground. The student teacher grabbed my T-shirt and managed to turn me enough to land on my side.

What was his name?

Jeff some body

Oh yeah

Jeff Kinney