My First Husker football game

FYI - Highway 30 does not go to Lincoln It veers northeast at Grand Island and goes towards Columbus. As someone who has made the Highway 30 drove between North Platte and Grand Island before, don't do it. Take the interstate. The view is basically the same (at some points you can see Highway 30 from I-80. I mean if you want to get stuck behind some combines going 10 mph or slow down to 25 mph every 15 miles for a Maxwell or Overton or Gibbon, then go right ahead. Taking highway 30 from Kearney to Grand Island (45 miles) should be enough to see rural Nebraska for anyone.

Uhh, if we're talking rural Nebraska. Then no, I make that drive every day, and being from Ord, the drive from Grand Island to Ord is the most beautiful in the state along the North Loup River basin.

Going North of North Platte up to Valentine is a great drive too.

Grand Island to Kearney on hwy 30 is ugly and not what I consider rural Nebraska.

Uhh, if we're talking rural Nebraska. Then no, I make that drive every day, and being from Ord, the drive from Grand Island to Ord is the most beautiful in the state along the North Loup River basin.

Going North of North Platte up to Valentine is a great drive too.

Grand Island to Kearney on hwy 30 is ugly and not what I consider rural Nebraska.

Yep, Nebraska really is a beautiful place, you're just not going to see the good stuff along I-80.
  • 2 weeks later...