LJS Red Report: DTs, WRs, and DBs

zoogs

I hate seeing the "Gangwish can't do the job" assumptions. He got one game, and a lot of what I saw looked like both DEs were playing more of a containment role than pass rush. Hill was a scrambler remember? If the staff is the coaching/scheming/development gurus that so many are ready burn up bandwidth and forum pages defending, then how in the hell did they decide Jack was their guy?... Did he win some lottery? Acclaimed by a secret team popularity vote?

I gotta imagine what we've seen so far has been pretty vanilla as this is the beginning of the season and it's a new system. If you're gonna screech and demand patience from the HCMR naysayers, then you need to swallow your own medicine in terms of offering the same for the players and system. So either Riley is the genius who sees a larger plan or just a coach who plays his "favorites". Pick your poison. :snacks:

Gangwish played last year. How is this being based off one or two games? I see what I see. He doesn't have a quick burst off the line. If there was a better DE that was available, and more depth at the position, he probably wouldn't be playing right now. McMullen is equally as slow off the line and really has no business being a DE at this point. Like I said, Huskers will be really good against the run (Minnesota & Wisconsin will be in for a very rude awakening), but the pass rush isn't good right now.

1)Under Riley and Banker? Or does the statement that he's had one game in a new system stand? Seemed like Gangwish was quick enough to get a few sacks last year when turned loose.

2) If my Aunt had nads, she'd be my Uncle. :dunno Obviously the staff thinks he was the best available or capable of becoming so in this season.

I get what you're saying about it seeming like we have no speed rush, I agree that we have yet to really SEE anything. I just don't think we've seen enough of this system to lay it on the position players just yet. Hell, I'll even concede later on that you may be right, but still say you're basing it off too small of a sample to be sure.

1) I have seen him come off the line numerous time. Does it matter who the coaching staff is when determining speed off the line? Sure, the previous coaching staff preferred a very controlled pass rush (what some have called "paddy cake"), but that technique was utilized after the initial snap. It had very little to do with his speed off the line, which is what I have been talking about all along.

2) Okay? Yes, the staff thinks that of the DEs at Nebraska, he's the best option. That doesn't make him good.

Damn you Moss for showing your cash and prizes.

I hate seeing the "Gangwish can't do the job" assumptions. He got one game, and a lot of what I saw looked like both DEs were playing more of a containment role than pass rush. Hill was a scrambler remember? If the staff is the coaching/scheming/development gurus that so many are ready burn up bandwidth and forum pages defending, then how in the hell did they decide Jack was their guy?... Did he win some lottery? Acclaimed by a secret team popularity vote?

I gotta imagine what we've seen so far has been pretty vanilla as this is the beginning of the season and it's a new system. If you're gonna screech and demand patience from the HCMR naysayers, then you need to swallow your own medicine in terms of offering the same for the players and system. So either Riley is the genius who sees a larger plan or just a coach who plays his "favorites". Pick your poison. :snacks:

Gangwish played last year. How is this being based off one or two games? I see what I see. He doesn't have a quick burst off the line. If there was a better DE that was available, and more depth at the position, he probably wouldn't be playing right now. McMullen is equally as slow off the line and really has no business being a DE at this point. Like I said, Huskers will be really good against the run (Minnesota & Wisconsin will be in for a very rude awakening), but the pass rush isn't good right now.

1)Under Riley and Banker? Or does the statement that he's had one game in a new system stand? Seemed like Gangwish was quick enough to get a few sacks last year when turned loose.

2) If my Aunt had nads, she'd be my Uncle. :dunno Obviously the staff thinks he was the best available or capable of becoming so in this season.

I get what you're saying about it seeming like we have no speed rush, I agree that we have yet to really SEE anything. I just don't think we've seen enough of this system to lay it on the position players just yet. Hell, I'll even concede later on that you may be right, but still say you're basing it off too small of a sample to be sure.

1) I have seen him come off the line numerous time. Does it matter who the coaching staff is when determining speed off the line? Sure, the previous coaching staff preferred a very controlled pass rush (what some have called "paddy cake"), but that technique was utilized after the initial snap. It had very little to do with his speed off the line, which is what I have been talking about all along.

2) Okay? Yes, the staff thinks that of the DEs at Nebraska, he's the best option. That doesn't make him good.

Damn you Moss for showing your cash and prizes.

bali-rice-paddy.jpg

• Fire 1