Answer this truthfully!

eoltmer

Everything is recruiting with you AF. You know you still have to coach right? Something your beloved Callahan never did. As far as Franks recruiting goes you do remember that almost all of Franks assistants were 65 years old until Stevie wonder made him fire them and bring new assistants in. We will never know what would of happened if Pederass wouldn't have fired Frank after one year with his new assistants.

You also have to have talent to coach, which neither Frank or Bo left their successors. Yes we do know what would have happened with an offense led by Joe Dailey and the only playmaker on offense was Matt Herrian with only three DL on scholarship.

We haven't had the answer at head coach since 1997.

I think everyone would agree Frank being fired was a joke. 58-19 record with seasons of 12-1, 10-2, 11-2 (went to NC).

All I want is a conference championship. 16 years is unacceptable

Frank's record wasn't the problem. His off field issues and lack of recruiting was. If he was as good as we want to think ghe could have been, why is he still at Ohio?
Frank's only off field issue was Steve Pederson. The rest was propaganda spread by the same Steve Pederson. And Frank was a good recruiter. He had top ten classes in 2000 and 2001, and his '04 class was ranked #14 on Rivals the day he was canned.
Again, then why wasn't he snatched away from Ohio like 10 years ago?

Same could be said about Riley.

Riley was interviewed by UCLA and Alabama. Who has Frank been interviewed by?

I think everyone would agree Frank being fired was a joke. 58-19 record with seasons of 12-1, 10-2, 11-2 (went to NC).

Frank's record wasn't the problem. His off field issues and lack of recruiting was. If he was as good as we want to think ghe could have been, why is he still at Ohio?
Frank's only off field issue was Steve Pederson. The rest was propaganda spread by the same Steve Pederson. And Frank was a good recruiter. He had top ten classes in 2000 and 2001, and his '04 class was ranked #14 on Rivals the day he was canned.

Exactly, if Frank was worth a dam, a program like an Iowa State or at that level would have taken a chance on him. His problem is that he allowed the program to get lazy and entitled. Kind of like how a lot of this fanbase is acting. I could also some of the stuff that he allowed former coaches to get away with, one who has had a good career at NDSU, but I won't.

It's a BS argument. Frank was 60 years old. Nebraska is the only school that hires old hasbeens (and the only one that fires 9 win coaches). Besides, Frank never tried to leave Ohio. He took them places they had never been. He's by far the best coach they ever had. And they appreciate him.

Frank was a good coach. Firing him was probably the biggest mistake ever made in the history of college football. It's the reason we are where we are today.

This just proves that you really are uneducated on the subject. Especially with that last line.

You are obviously a Frank-hater basing your opinions on emotion. That also explains your Callahan worship. The recruiting info I posted above is fact.

Still trying to figure out what you see in Callahan AF? He basically ran our program into the ground but you still have a huge man crush on him. The guy is a used car salesman.

That is what you don't get, Frank is the one who ran the program into the ground. I am just stating facts on the subject, to be honest I don't think we have had a good coach since Tom left. Just because I don't ignorantly demonize him for stuff he didn't do doesn't mean that i have a man crush on him. I hold each HC accountable for what they didn't do on their own account.

Or maybe Dailey was perfect for Franks offense. But Callahan tried to make him a pocket passer throwing it all over the yard. Would tommy Frazier have been successful in that system? Bad coaching is bad coaching! Simple as that

Joe Dailey is the worst QB that NU has has in the modern era. Hence he was made a slot WR at Duke his Sr year because he was beaten out by a true freshman at QB. Also Frank's offense was worse in 2003 than it was in 2002.

Exactly, if Frank was worth a dam, a program like an Iowa State or at that level would have taken a chance on him. His problem is that he allowed the program to get lazy and entitled. Kind of like how a lot of this fanbase is acting. I could also some of the stuff that he allowed former coaches to get away with, one who has had a good career at NDSU, but I won't.

It's a BS argument. Frank was 60 years old. Nebraska is the only school that hires old hasbeens (and the only one that fires 9 win coaches). Besides, Frank never tried to leave Ohio. He took them places they had never been. He's by far the best coach they ever had. And they appreciate him.

Frank was a good coach. Firing him was probably the biggest mistake ever made in the history of college football. It's the reason we are where we are today.

This just proves that you really are uneducated on the subject. Especially with that last line.

You are obviously a Frank-hater basing your opinions on emotion. That also explains your Callahan worship. The recruiting info I posted above is fact.

Lmao, I don't worship any man, I was more disappointed in Frank because he was a Husker and allowed the program to slip under his watch on the field and morally. What I posted about Bo's classes are fact too. Name a coach who can win with walk on talent when the previous coaching staff missed on 39% of their recruits? Riley and company screwed up last week and I didn't like how they weren't ready at the begining of the Miami game either.

As for Bill he failed on his own merit. Coz sucked, but the funny part is that Bo's defenses were worse than Coz's were after BC's recruits left. What I didn't like was how the fanbase treated him when they weren't educated on how bad of shape the program was in 2004. That is why nobody wanted this job. The expectations couldn't be met with the talent at hand and with Pedy's dumbass stating that we weren't going to allow UT and OU to rule the Big 12, it put even more pressure on BC. The speech that TO said for Bo in 2007 is the one that Pedy should have said for BC, but didn't. So he was doomed from the begining and was crazy for taking the job in the first place, but ego can be a mf'er. Bill tried to get talent here by JUCO, it only worked for two years and when they all left, we were left with the 2007 season.

Except that Frank didn't have 2 losing seasons in 5 years not sure what part of this you aren't getting. He Ran the Raidets into the ground in 2 years and they were in the Super Bowl! Or was that Grudens fault?

Frank needed to beat McNeese State in 2002 to make a bowl game, so that is the direction the program was going. If he was allowed to stay longer he would have had losing seasons. Sometimes I wish he would have stayed so the ignorant masses would stop defending him.

Again under Callahan's terrible coaching Dailey struggled. Even with all the world class talent you think he brought in he still couldn't win. That the sign of a bad coach.

Dailey struggled everywhere he went because he was not a Div 1 caliber QB and should have never had a scholarship at NU in the first place.

Or maybe Dailey was perfect for Franks offense. But Callahan tried to make him a pocket passer throwing it all over the yard. Would tommy Frazier have been successful in that system? Bad coaching is bad coaching! Simple as that

Dailey would have been a great QB for Frank and Barney. So would Armstrong.

Frank and Barney, there is a meeting of the minds...lol.