cruz barrett

thanks..whenever i upload them they get more blurry..that's really annoying. is it just beacuse of the file size and photoshop? because it looks better when it's clearer..although you get the general idea of what it is

I assume you save them as JPGs. If so, that explains it. When you resize (or when the hosting company resizes) formats such as JPG, you loose image quality. JPGs are lossy formats ("lossy" meaning it is a format that loses detail when you resize).

Any Vector format will do. For Raster format, you can choose RAW (for digital images). Some types of TNG are lossless, as well. It's difficult to say - most "lossless" formats depend on your image editor. I think you said you are using Photoshop, so the best bet when you create them is to select Vector rather than Raster for the layers.

Any Vector format will do. For Raster format, you can choose RAW (for digital images). Some types of TNG are lossless, as well. It's difficult to say - most "lossless" formats depend on your image editor. I think you said you are using Photoshop, so the best bet when you create them is to select Vector rather than Raster for the layers.

im using GIMP. so would that just be .raw and .tng? never heard of those endings but ive never been in this situation..lol

You might also choose a different level of compression when saving your JPGs. Less compression=bigger files=more data=better picture and vice versa.

so i save them as 800 by 600..so you suggest making them bigger? or are you talking about a different setting? thanks

Any Vector format will do.  For Raster format, you can choose RAW (for digital images).  Some types of TNG are lossless, as well.  It's difficult to say - most "lossless" formats depend on your image editor.  I think you said you are using Photoshop, so the best bet when you create them is to select Vector rather than Raster for the layers.

im using GIMP. so would that just be .raw and .tng? never heard of those endings but ive never been in this situation..lol

RAW and most TNG are lossless, so if you can save in those formats, yes.

You might also choose a different level of compression when saving your JPGs. Less compression=bigger files=more data=better picture and vice versa.

so i save them as 800 by 600..so you suggest making them bigger? or are you talking about a different setting? thanks

He's talking about a different setting. When you save a JPG file, there is typically a dialog box that will appear in most programs that allows you to set the amount of compression (a lot of them have it set at 90% or so). You can save at a lower setting, meaning greater detail in the original, so that when you reduce size there is still more detail. However, as DaveH noted, when you reduce compression, you significantly increase the size of the file that you save. It's a trade off.