Callahan and Co. at halftime

Redout

I have heard from several people who were at the bball game this week against Kansas and said the halftime introductions were screwed up. The paper and television made it sound as if the crowd went nuts when the introductions were made, but it was luke warm at best . There were more than a few fans that booed. Callahan reminded a lot of people of a Howard Dean like screaming rant. He made little sence and needed a script. He stuttered over a few parts, and had to check his notes several times at the end to remember the phrase "There is no Place Like Nebraska" and finish with a Go Big Red to save himself.

This is a guy who is supposed to be well prepared. I think the mainconcern could be the support for these coaches. I beleive a lot more people were hurt in all of this then we think. There is no trust right now and I really feel bad for these coaches because its not there fault.

Of course afterward, Pederson said the crowd was electric and thats what we need. I knew three people who went to this game and they all said it lacked all that and more.

I don't give a good god damn how he did in front of a crowd at a basketball game.

Hell, I would be nervous in front of that many people and I don't blame him for

*possibly* being "luke warm". We didn't hire the guy because he was the best

public speaker of all time. Who knows? Maybe Peterson sprung this on him?

In any event, the proof is in the pudding and we will see in the Fall.

Dave good to see you back dawg! Where you been man? Weve missed your slant around here. What, have you been *working* or something? Likely excuse. :)

I would tend to agree w/ Dave about Callahans halftime speech. So he doesnt have all of our state's little tag lines emblazoned in his memory into his 5th week in town. I dont know, maybe he's had a few other things going on ya think? Probably been "working" with Dave or somethin.

Seriously though. He may have gotten a little too excited and rambled a bit with some psychotic flashes of Dean, but hell at least he's showin some personality. Maybe tried a bit too hard from what Ive heard, but he'll get the hang of it. And how can you blame him with all thats been going on. The fact that he has maintained his composure like he has is a testament to his character more than anything else.

I have to third that. You gotta know that if this were next year and BC had just come off a 10 win season or a run at the Big12 championship, the roof would have come off the place. BC and co. will not get all the love until he puts up "wins" for right now the only oppinions that matter are that of the players and Ruud said "it was cool to see". Give them a chance; hell, if we want guys to "stick around" then maybe we should give them a chance and make them feel welcome.

Dave good to see you back dawg! Where you been man? Weve missed your slant around here. What, have you been *working* or something? Likely excuse. :)

hahaha. I have been lurking lately. More reading than replying but now that things

are settling down a bit I can spend more time here ;).

Guest RockyMtnSooner

I remember when Stoops did the same thing when he first came to OU. It seemed gay, but after he was done speaking most men in the audience would've given their wives to this guy if he turned OU around like he was saying. The best thing Stoops did is get the old Sooner players and coaches involved. Hopefully, for your sake, Callahan will do the same thing.

Thats cool man. I understand the need for a break from the madness every now and then. i havent been on board as much lately either, been busy with "real" work stuff. Blackshirt has been running the show pretty strong lately, so I'll give him a break and be back around a bit more for a while. but glad to see you back D! unfort yur boy WyomingHusker hasnt been around for a while.. Im sure your bummed about that! ;)