SecDef opens all combat jobs to women

I was a Marine infantryman. If women want to be a grunt then more power to them. However, the standards had better not be lowered one bit. The men's PFT standard ought to be the standard across the board now if they want this to go over well. If a woman can hack it, then she can hack it. Infantry units are full of drunk, crass, idiots (as the should be) but they're also the best fit for the type of job they're in. I hope they have thick skin and don't go running to 1st Sergeant everyday. Grunt life sucks and they'll realize that soon enough.

I was as well, 1/7 Weapons, '86-'94. Couldn't agree with you more on the content of your post but as we know the standards ARE different.

The SECDEF is directing the full integration of women in the Armed Forces, they might as well start implementing that all female U.S. citizens be required to register with Selective Service between the age of 18 through 25. Right? Why wasn't that statement in the tri-signed document?

Like you said if a female can hack it physically all the power to them but I just simply don't see a female finishing a MCCRES or 4,6,8,12 mile ruck runs at 9:00 pace? Full kit with heavy weapons? Please. I just can't imagine it. Hell, I don't see them doing half of the crazy sh#t we did in boot camp, ITS/SOI at the same standards required of a man. I'd like to see the most roided out Crossfit female give it a shot but I'm skeptical.

It all doesn't pass the "smell test" with me. I'm afraid our pc politicians are dictating to the career GO's in the five sided nuthouse that this social engineering experiment is going to happen or you're out! I sure hope I'm wrong.

I was a Marine infantryman. If women want to be a grunt then more power to them. However, the standards had better not be lowered one bit. The men's PFT standard ought to be the standard across the board now if they want this to go over well. If a woman can hack it, then she can hack it. Infantry units are full of drunk, crass, idiots (as the should be) but they're also the best fit for the type of job they're in. I hope they have thick skin and don't go running to 1st Sergeant everyday. Grunt life sucks and they'll realize that soon enough.

I was as well, 1/7 Weapons, '86-'94. Couldn't agree with you more on the content of your post but as we know the standards ARE different.

The SECDEF is directing the full integration of women in the Armed Forces, they might as well start implementing that all female U.S. citizens be required to register with Selective Service between the age of 18 through 25. Right? Why wasn't that statement in the tri-signed document?

Like you said if a female can hack it physically all the power to them but I just simply don't see a female finishing a MCCRES or 4,6,8,12 mile ruck runs at 9:00 pace? Full kit with heavy weapons? Please. I just can't imagine it. Hell, I don't see them doing half of the crazy sh#t we did in boot camp, ITS/SOI at the same standards required of a man. I'd like to see the most roided out Crossfit female give it a shot but I'm skeptical.

It all doesn't pass the "smell test" with me. I'm afraid our pc politicians are dictating to the career GO's in the five sided nuthouse that this social engineering experiment is going to happen or you're out! I sure hope I'm wrong.

All they have to do is have wording in there that they have to meet the same qualifications, and it's probably already in there. I don't know the details of what women are allowed to do now and what they are now allowed to do with this. If we're talking navy seals or some specialized unit, there are going to be very few if any females who can pass the physical tests. Right? Doesn't that kind of solve the problem you're talking about?