TO's recruiting and current trends

post-10595-0-09456100-1454298225_thumb.jpgHere is a recent chart that shows the states with the most "blue-chip" talent.

NOTE- Only shows 35 states.....

The table below lists the 35 states that are home to at least one Power Five school (independents Notre Dame and BYU are included), with the number of Power Five schools, the number of FBS schools, the number of 247Sports composite blue chip players in each state the last five years, the total and average number per year of blue chip recruits per state and, lastly, the average per year divided by the number of Power Five schools within the state. For example, there have been 227 blue chip recruits in Florida over the last five years, for an average of 45.4 per year. There are thus 15.13 blue chip recruits per year for every one Power Five school in the state (Florida, Florida State and Miami).

From Jan 27, 2016...

• Fire 3

Nice chart, thanks for posting that!

so extrapolating some data about our 500-mile radius:

Illinois: Averages 7.8 Blue-chip recruits/year

Oklahoma: 3.8

Missouri: 3.2

Colorado: 2.6

Wisconsin: 1.4

Kansas: 1.4

Minnesota: 1.2

Iowa: 1.2

Nebraska: 0.4

I think we should be hitting Ill/OK/MO/CO really hard. Close enough proximity to have a geographic advantage, and plenty of guys to pick from. I know we would be competing with large nearby programs, but that is really the case everywhere. To some extent we are already doing this, but I'd like to see more.