Conference Scheduling - An Out of the Box Look

I like how you gave Iowa a chance to win a divisional championship by letting them only play 3 conference games

Ha!

Before I started, I thought I should get it set up in a spreadsheet to keep track of the match-ups. But it was too late and I was too lazy. So I was just doing it one team at a time. When I got to Iowa, they already had all their tough games stacked in one year and I didn't want to take the time to fix it.

I was going to look at who you had them playing - since they only win when they have a very weak schedule. As I type this I just noticed - no divisions. Who plays in the CCG? Do the top 2 teams play just like the *gulp* Big 12 will next year?

EDIT - Never mind I reread post #1

Yeah, the no divisions is pretty much the "out of the box" way to look at it. Really seems to make sense to me. Protect the biggest rivalries while maintaining a pretty balanced schedule and still get to play everyone at least every other year.

I really haven't come up with a down-side yet.

Well you've just eliminated any chance we could have had of winning a division title, thanks a lot pal! Buttkick.gif

thmoonbutt-1.gif