2016 Senate Races

I'm not sure I've seen a thread regarding the 2016 Senate races, but like the Presidency, it appears the Senate is completely up for grabs, while the GOP is likely to retain the House. Given the likelihood of several Supreme Court picks, the outcome of the Senate races is more important than usual, and this year the GOP has many more seats to defend. Here is a nice site where you can make predictions on each race to see what that does to the balance of power.

http://www.270towin.com/2016-senate-election/

Without the tossups, the Dems have 45 seats and the GOP has 44, with eleven considered tossups. Here is how I see some states playing out:

1. Dems will pick up Wisconsin and IL to get to 47

2. GOP will pick up Nevada and retain Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Florida so they are at 48.

3. It really comes down to Missouri, Indiana (where Evan Bayh just got into the race), Ohio, North Carolina, and New Hampshire.

Ohio, North Carolina, and New Hampshire are also going to be key swing states in the Presidential election, so my gut tells me that the Senate will fall to the party who wins that Presidential contest. We could very easily end up with a 50/50 Senate.