Walk-On Reimers Excited for Opportunity

Mavric

Bryan Reimers didn't necessarily expect to be on Nebraska's depth chart just two years after arriving as a walk-on.

But here he is. The third-year sophomore from Lincoln East enters the season in Nebraska's seven-man rotation at wide receiver, behind Brandon Reilly and Stanley Morgan as the team's X receiver.

That might have surprised him in 2014, but not now. It was last year when he was moved off the scout team, making the travel roster for all but one game. "I think that really helped, knowing that I can play at this level and compete and having that confidence."

Reimers presents a big target at 6-foot-5 and 210 pounds. He's one of two current walk-on receivers on the two-deep, joined by junior Gabe Rahn, who is backing up Jordan Westerkamp.

South Dakota State and some NAIA schools were interested in Reimers, "but really this is where I wanted to go all along. I wasn't going to let that go."

LJS

• Fire 1