Keep your heads up Huskers

Listen to the rational Buckeye fan!! It's really amazing what Urban is doing over there in Columbus. He makes Jim Tressell look like the Great Value version. Scary thing is it only seems yall will be improving over the next 3 years. Good luck the rest of the year, please win a NC so I can feel less bad about this loss lol

I don't understand the thought of rooting for our rivals to win a NC. I don't like rooting for other teams in my conference, and I sure as heck don't want Ohio State and Michigan to "look better" to potential recruits if they win a national championship.
OSU isn't a rival really. Sounds like you want to go back to the Big 12. OSU and Michigan are going to continue to get the guys they want if they win a ship or not. I'd rather a Big 10 team win the NC then Alabama. The increase in conference strength helps us. Gotta play the best to beat the best, and you have to beat the best to be the best. Right now we have some of the best in our conference and this conference continues to get better. That helps us not hurts us, unless we aren't up for the challenge.

The increase in conference strength only helps us if NU keeps getting better along with the other teams. That's not happening right now

I don't like rooting for "conference pride". I only care about NU. I think it's stupid when SEC schools chant "SEC" when they suck but then they suck on the teat of Alabama winning a national championship. I don't want NU fans to do that for Ohio State and Michigan.

that's a fair point.

My view is based solely on making the Big 10 look good so recruits want to come here because they want to play in the best conference. I want the Big 10 to look good as a challenge to our own university to raise the bar. If we can continue to churn out decent seasons because our conference sucks that doesn't challenge us to get better.

I do understand where you are coming from and I in no way want to mooch of OSUs success like the SEC does Alabama, but I do want to be a part of the consensus best conference and be able to compete for supremacy within it.

• Fire 1