Reality check

You have no idea what you're talking about

Really none at all. And they ignore that we have scholarship players sitting behind them - so whose fault is it if those guys aren't prepared to compete?
No one's? Just because we don't want to burn shirts doesn't mean the coaches are at fault they aren't ready.
Which redshirt freshman and sophomore players' redshirted are they protecting?

I don't understand why Decker, Barnett, and other o-linemen aren't playing. I understand that players have a responsibility to develop their skills, but where is this awesome coaching that enables them to develop.

Also, I understand that they want the true freshman to redshirt and build for the future, but is looking 3-4 years ahead worth throwing a way a potential strong season with a ton of senior leaders at the skill position? When these guys were recruited, we heard "these guys have potential to play right away" but when they aren't it's ok because the coaches want to save them for the future? Are the coaches going to stop recruiting o-linemen just because they have 4 stud guys that are redshirting this year? I think the coaches should be comfortable that they should be able to recruit their replacements in the next 2-3 years.

Only thing I'll say about the redshirts is if we keep recruiting OL well that helps build depth. I'll take the L to CM on this though, didn't realize we had scholarship guys without the redshirt not playing that maybe should

You have no idea what you're talking about

Really none at all. And they ignore that we have scholarship players sitting behind them - so whose fault is it if those guys aren't prepared to compete?
No one's? Just because we don't want to burn shirts doesn't mean the coaches are at fault they aren't ready.
Which redshirt freshman and sophomore players' redshirted are they protecting?
what scholly players are sitting behind walk ons that aren't redshirted right now? It's too late to burn the shirts, we gotta live with what we have, but what we have isn't great and that's a fact
Do you follow the huskers? Try using a link to a depth chart.
you win I was wrong about this, but I stand behind my other points.

Our Oline is going to get significantly better over the next few years. Alot of talented young bucks at that position group that aren't quite ready yet. When they are, I reckon we will see a noticeable improvement. Get a guy like Foster Sarrell in here and we really accelerate the proccess. If this was year 4 for HCMR it would be a sign to consider looking for a new coach. But right now we are really in the middle of a rebuilding project with a championship goal

Do you mean like Michigan or Osu better get serious dude. Get off the kool aide! what makes you think those O-line prospects are that kind of good? and if they were even close do you honestly honestly think Mr. Cavanaugh is going to be the guy that is gonna get the job done! We are a FREAKIN ALSO RAN!!! and unless something radically changes we will still be having these same conversations five yrs. from now!!!!!

Our Oline is going to get significantly better over the next few years. Alot of talented young bucks at that position group that aren't quite ready yet. When they are, I reckon we will see a noticeable improvement. Get a guy like Foster Sarrell in here and we really accelerate the proccess. If this was year 4 for HCMR it would be a sign to consider looking for a new coach. But right now we are really in the middle of a rebuilding project with a championship goal

Do you mean like Michigan or Osu better get serious dude. Get off the kool aide! what makes you think those O-line prospects are that kind of good? and if they were even close do you honestly honestly think Mr. Cavanaugh is going to be the guy that is gonna get the job done! We are a FREAKIN ALSO RAN!!! and unless something radically changes we will still be having these same conversations five yrs. from now!!!!!
We are going to be alot better than now and that will give us a chance. Be pessimistic if you want to but I don't think it's drinking the kool-aid to say out oline will only improve from here, and I would say we will improve significantly over what we have now. Alot of that is because our line is playing pretty bad right now. If we could get consistently tough play and smart play from our Oline we can compete with those teams, we just have a few weak links on the line right now. Gates was pretty good last night so to think we can't get guys good enough is just plain wrong because we have one starting right now.

Ok this is not to sound mean spirited but it is time to face the music. The difference between the athletes and the coaching at places like OSU and us is considerable.They were bigger stronger more athletic at just about every position on the field.We will whine about the tackling being bad but that is mostly just a bi-product of the other team being quicker and stronger, you can work on it till the cows come home but if the guy you are trying to tackle is considerably quicker than you, it is going to be tough. Now be brutally honest ,look at out O line and D line, 2 areas that are a real good indicator of the success you will have against the upper echelon teams. Project out 3-4 yrs. do you see any reason to think we will be able to compete in games like this! It takes great players and coaches with a vision and passion to get the kind of players we need here. We will be the 3-5 best team in this conference unless something drastically changes. I will continue to cheer and holler and scream like I have for 50 yrs, but it is time to face the music.

Considering the season they had last year, and the season they're having this here, I'd say we're seeing considerable progress and success. They had one bad night. Deal with it.

One bad night! dude are you for real.

I agree we need great recruits not a team of walk ons. I never said we need a team of walk ons. But right now we have walk ons out playing scholarship guys. We need a mix. The problem is we will never have a team of 5 star guys. Just not gonna happen. Something needs to change though whether it's scheme or whatever.

We are going to be alot better than now and that will give us a chance. Be pessimistic if you want to but I don't think it's drinking the kool-aid to say out oline will only improve from here, and I would say we will improve significantly over what we have now. Alot of that is because our line is playing pretty bad right now. If we could get consistently tough play and smart play from our Oline we can compete with those teams, we just have a few weak links on the line right now. Gates was pretty good last night so to think we can't get guys good enough is just plain wrong because we have one starting right now.

Dude better get alot more like him and btw he prob wouldn't start for USU so there is that.

Dude better get alot more like him and btw he prob wouldn't start for USU so there is that.

We have guys like that red shirted. We are in on the number 1 offensive lineman in the nation. OSU would start Gates, he outplayed their LT. And even if they wouldn't he is still the closest thing we have to that level available. I don't understand why you are dogging our young OL talent so hard. Let's give them a chance first