Spring star: Cody Glenn

10 Stars of Spring Ball

After the graduation of two-year starter Cory Ross, it was presumed that ultra-hyped sophomore Marlon Lucky would easily claim the starting I-back job. But fellow sophomore Glenn may have gained a slight edge after his stellar play in the spring, which he capped off with 16 rushes for 98 yards in the spring game. (Lucky was no slouch either, rushing for 84 yards and two TDs on 15 carries.)

Photo: Byron Hetzler/US PRESSWIRE

Ryan Powdrell, RB

USC, Sr.

As if losing both Reggie Bush and LenDale White to the NFL draft wasn't enough, the Trojans were missing basically all of their other tailbacks for the spring game. Hershel Dennis tore his ACL, Desmond Reed had not recovered well from his torn ACL, Chauncey Washington was having academic problems and Michael Coleman had hip surgery. So the 6-foot, 250-pound Powdrell, a converted linebacker, took over in the backfield and rushed for 81 yards on 10 carries.

Boy, USC is reloading as planned. :rolleyes:

Sounds like Glenn outperformed lucky pretty easily but Lucky will stay number 1 so he don't leave aswell.

Sounds like you weren't at the game, could care less about the game, and have no idea about what's going on with NU. But that's understandable when you're dealing with a troll that is a

USC

OU

UT

KSU

KU

ISU

OSU

BU

TT

A&M

ND

FSU

UF

Miami

Ohio

Fan. I can post websites for you if you've lost your way after all these negative posts.

Sounds like Glenn outperformed lucky pretty easily but Lucky will stay number 1 so he don't leave aswell.

Sounds like you weren't at the game, could care less about the game, and have no idea about what's going on with NU. But that's understandable when you're dealing with a troll that is a

USC

OU

UT

KSU

KU

ISU

OSU

BU

TT

A&M

ND

FSU

UF

Miami

Ohio

Fan. I can post websites for you if you've lost your way after all these negative posts.

Just stating the truth. All spring Glenn out performed. A guy that knows a lot of stuff about nu and the program told me this is why Lucky is still one.

why is it that you rarely state your source? You can't take a guy "that knows alot about husker football" with a grain of salt. most of us on this board "know a lot about husker football" and you never really consider our point of view. so why should we give half a sh*t about what you or your "sources" say? :dumdum

So what if he did...and I wouldn't argue, I also heard alot about Glenn in the preseason, and that's a good thing. If nothing else, I like these two competing, and they will both bring different traits to the playing field. But that is NO reason why the coaches would give Lucky the nod for #1 spot. Callahan & Co. would never operate that way, and if a player ever operated that way, I'd be really upset.

Umm wait...didn't Crouch do that? Well, if you can back it up...

USC

OU

UT

KSU

KU

ISU

OSU

BU

TT

A&M

ND

FSU

UF

Miami

Ohio

Just stating the truth. All spring Glenn out performed. A guy that knows a lot of stuff about nu and the program told me this is why Lucky is still one.

dude shut up, you have no idea about husker football and your just a troll here... if you had seen the highlights, game, stats or anything you would know that Lucky had more total yards than Glenn and 2 more TDs... really either could have been on this list other than Glenn having a couple big runs and Lucky just being really consistant. So you aren't stating the truth and have no idea what you are talking about

...back on track

It's good to see huskers getting face time this spring. It's great that SI recognized Glenn, and ESPN gave Taylor and the offense a nod a while back.

When will the love for the 'D' start? I think that will be the story, what with Carriker KILLING people and what not.

By the way, on my NCAA game the big C recorded 19 for the 2006 season.