Eichorst Named to Prestigious Division I Football Competition Committee

knapplc

Nebraska Direcotor of Athletics Shawn Eichorst has been named to a 13-member Division I Football Competition Committee. The committee has been formed to conduct research and provide counsel regarding the sport.

Ray Anderson, vice president for athletics at Arizona State University, will chair the Football Competition Committee. Previously, Anderson served as the NFL’s executive vice president of football operations and worked closely with the league’s competition committee in that capacity.

The Football Competition Committee includes one student-athlete, three current head coaches, one faculty athletics representative and eight Division I athletics administrators. Several other topical experts will serve as ex-officio members.

“This committee’s main purpose is to work to collect ideas and conduct appropriate research to continue to move the game forward,” Anderson said. “Focusing on health and safety and continuing to ensure the sport is exciting to play and watch will also be critical in our work.”

LINK

It's always good to have a man on the inside.

• Fire 2