Georgia pushing for game vs NU or OU in 07

HuskerBob

I don't see it happening at all. There's no reason to play an extremely tough non-conf. Not while NU plays in the BIg 12. There are plenty of ranked teams all ready. Plus a conference championship game

There is a basic philosophy AD's have when putting together a sched.

One scrimmage (Western Illinois)

One game from a mid D-1A

One game against a ranked opponent

But this doesn't always work out because these sched are made years in advance. Of course, this excuses holds no merit when you talk about KST. Who will sched three scrimmages. and sometimes lose...at home ....MARSHALL-GO HERD

Guest RockyMtnSooner

I think they want a home and home in 07 and 08, and the Sooners are close to (if not already done with) a deal that will have Oregon in Norman this year and OU travel to Oregon in 08 (that's right UO/OU). Joe C. isn't afraid of playing big teams, but more than one a season while in the Big XII isn't needed. OU has gone from playing Bowling Green, Florida A&M, and Ark. St. in 2004 to Bowling Green, Houston, and Oregon (not yet final) thanks to Joe C's telemarketing skills :lol: . Either way, I hope one of us play them so we can get a Big XII/SEC relationship going.

Guest rednhouston

they should worry about the hole in our sched for this year first.....after the Pitt game...no opponet is sched. any info on who they are looking to or for.... I agree that there is no need to play Georgia when Big 12 and USC are in same year. Only advantage is to go down there whoop em bad then steal their best high school recruits.....give us a little better exposure in the south.

yeh I dont see it happening. and I also dont see another game added this year. that hole is by design. or at least as a result of the new rule that limits teams to playing 11 reg season games.. or is it 12? either way, they arent looking for another game.

Guest RockyMtnSooner

Nevermind, we lost the Oregon game. I hate playing Tennesse Mountain School of Technology and Agriculture, but it looks like we may have to.