The Term “White Privilege” is Racist

7 minutes ago, zoogs said:

lol

Yeah, the bitter and nasty tactics liberals engage in to divide people by race, gender, etc. and to silence anyone they disagree with are downright hilarious.

Thanks for the great response Zoogs. This must be more of that well-reasoned and fact-based discussion that Huskerboard is so famous for. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, zoogs said:

The quality of your thought is returned in kind. Thanks for trying! 

Surrender noted. Dr. King would be disappointed in you. You and those like you are an impediment to his dream of a color-blind country. You should be ashamed, but are undoubtedly too clueless to be aware of that. 

Dr. King lmaooooo

honestly, brah, you need to find a community of racists if you're looking for kindred spirits to share in your vile, delusional bigotry. The only proper response in a community of decency to this putrid bulls#!t is to let you know as briefly as possible that your points are repugnant and ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Dr. King lmaooooo

honestly, brah, you need to find a community of racists if you're looking for kindred spirits to share in your vile, delusional bigotry. The only proper response in a community of decency to this putrid bulls#!t is to let you know as briefly as possible that your points are repugnant and ridiculous.

I am pointing out that shouting down any white straight male and dismissing his opinion simple because he’s a white straight male is racist.

Only in some dystopian Orwellian hell would it be argued that is somehow repugnant and racist. But I doubt you’re bright enough to understand what that means.

As it turns out, there are a lot of straight white men here on this very board whose opinions aren't shouted down and dismissed.

What do you think we should do with actual bigotry, though? Not shout it down? Not dismiss it? Hm.

Could it be, possibly, that you are being judged on the content of your opinions? Nooooo, you must be a victim. That's the ticket. 

Edited by zoogs
3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

As it turns out, there are a lot of straight white men here on this very board whose opinions aren't shouted down and dismissed.

What do you think we should do with actual bigotry, though? Not shout it down? Not dismiss it? Hm.

Could it be, possibly, that you are being judged on the content of your opinions? Nooooo, you must be a victim. That's the ticket. 

How is any portion of what I posted above “actual bigotry?” 

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surrender noted. Dr. King would be disappointed in you. You and those like you are an impediment to his dream of a color-blind country. You should be ashamed, but are undoubtedly too clueless to be aware of that. 

No....just no

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Read the speech again. If that’s too tough, there’s a third grade version of it my niece brought home from school that I can forward to you. 

Dr. Kings dream was that all people were treated equally in this country not that everyone in the country be colorblind. And I know what you mean by that term so don't think I mean colorblind literally. The term 'colorblind' is so wrong and off base its hilarious. Its absolutely unattainable. The fact of the matter is no one is blind to someone elses ethnicity and all people have subconcious biases. That will not change. What can change is tolerance and acceptance of all people.

• Plus1 1

You have to be aware that there's a certain, very limited, highly racist crowd that would cheer and slap you on the back for all this "people are racists to white people, and that's the big meaningful problem of today's world" stuff. Shouldn't that give you pause about these views? 

You're not too far gone, one would hope -- or you wouldn't even still be posting on Huskerboard. Take a step back and take stock.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Dr. Kings dream was that all people were treated equally in this country not that everyone in the country be colorblind. And I know what you mean by that term so don't think I mean colorblind literally. The term 'colorblind' is so wrong and off base its hilarious. Its absolutely unattainable. The fact of the matter is no one is blind to someone elses ethnicity and all people have subconcious biases. That will not change. What can change is tolerance and acceptance of all people.

Have you read the latest research on subconscious biases. Clearly not. The test and methodology are hopelessly flawed. It’s liberal BS masquerading as science. Just like global warming.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3/7/14637626/implicit-association-test-racism

• Plus1 1