Nebraska Football History-Bill Glassford

Bigspyke

Hello Nebraska Fans, my name is Spike Graham, and I am an ASU grad, sorry, but I also follow the Huskers.  I have recently acquired something that might be of interest to a rabid Cornhusker fan/collector.  It is a plaque presented to former Nebraska coach Bill Glassford (1949-55), by Nebraska Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst in 2015.  The plaque is a large N Honorary Letterman Award in a wood and glass frame that is approximately 22" wide by 30" high.  It would be perfect for any Nebraska fan/collector.

Here is how I obtained it.  This is a bit long, so bear with me as I want to give you all the information about it that I have.

When Bill Glassford retired from coaching, he moved to Scottsdale, AZ and went into the insurance business.  He joined his fraternity's local alumni club (Phi Delta Theta) of which my father also was a member. Bill had one child, a son, Gary, who went to college at ASU, and also joined Phi Delta Theta there.  I went to ASU the next year, and I too joined the fraternity and Gary was my "Big Brother" in the fraternity.  That was in 1962.  Gary and I were close friends until his passing this past March.  When his estate was settled his daughter, who lives in CA, didn't want the plaque, and asked me if I would like to have it.  Naturally I said yes as I felt it needed to be saved, and someone might enjoy it.....a Big Red fan of course.

I would like to sell it, but NOT to a dealer, as it should be in someones "Big Red" den as it is a part of Nebraska football history.  I have no idea of it's value, but whatever I sell it for, I intend to give it all to Bill Glassford's great great granddaughter who was born about 3 months ago. 

If you or someone that you know might be interested in the plaque please contact me and I will be happy to send you a picture of it.  I would include it in this post, but I don't know how to do that.

Stay with Scott Frost, I think he will do a great job for Nebraska, given the chance. 

Thanks,

Spike Graham

bigspyke@gmail.com

480-213-2514