Red Chili Tamales/Pics

Roxy15

I haven’t made these, I found it on a food site.  I have ate homemade ones like these and  I loved them!  

Today was red Chile tamale making day, 312 tamales, we love this time of year when the tamale squad gets together!

Recipe: This will make 6 dozen

5-6 pound lean pork roast, cooked with two cloves of garlic and1 onion then shredded, retaining the broth to be added to the masa.

15 pound bag of dried red chile that you can steam, and blend with garlic until you have a thick paste, add water to the consistency you want. Add all the shredded pork to this and bring to a boil. 

1 five pound bag of Comel Masa that had the picture of the tamale on the front. To that add 3 tablespoons salt, 3 baking powder and the broth from the pork roast, mix with hands u til it wants to stick to the corn husks.

Soak and wash 3 bags of corn husks. Spread masa in the middle to each side of husk, place a tablespoon red chile, fold in like your diapering a baby. 

Place tamales in steamer, cover with cloth, cook for 2 hours till the masa pulls away from the husk.

A9E2BBA6-4CD6-4E88-A44F-85A3679BB1A2.jpeg

C1EFEFD3-49A1-4CD4-A1CC-4A4AB4B6F447.jpeg