Potato Wedges/Pic

I tried a new recipe for potato wedges and they turned out good!  Thought I would share in case someone would like to make them.  They take no time at all to make!  The recipe didn’t call for cheese, but, I added some on a few and left a few without cheese.  I prefer having cheese on them.  I thought about putting sour cream on top, but, wanted Ranch Dressing to dip them in, so I didn’t add it on top.  Fried bacon bits and sliced green onions would be good on top of the sour cream too!  One person who write a review, said, they substituted Old Bay Seasoning for the Cayenne Pepper and they liked it!  So if you don’t care for spice, you might want to try that!

3 Medium Russet Potatoes, About 1-1/2 lbs. Scrubbed & Dried
3 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Oil Ir A Neutral Toasting Oil
***I Used Olive Oil
2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
***Will Use A Little Less Next Time
Pinch Cayenne
***I Used More

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Leaving peel on, cut potatoes into 6 lenghthwise long wedges,about 3/4-1 inch wide.  

Combine the potatoes, oil, salt and cayenne on a baking sheet and toss to combine.  Or put all of in a bowl and stir till coated.  

Arrange the wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer, so a cut side is in contact with the pan, but, evenly spaced so the potatoes aren’t touching each other. 

Bake until golden brown and cooked through,  about 30-35 minutes.

Slip a spatula under the potatoes to turn them over and bake for 5 minutes more.

Note:  I took them out and sprinkled some shredded cheese over mist of them and left a few without cheese to see which ones tasted better.  I prefer the wedges with shredded cheddar cheese in too.  

Fried Bacon Crumbles would be good too!

Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and served it with Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.

34797770-606D-4683-9943-DD1736CA5290.jpeg