** 2022 Husker Previews: Athlon - Will the Cornhuskers Make a Bowl in 2022? **

Nebraska Football: Will the Cornhuskers Make a Bowl in 2022?

The 2022 college football season is an important one for coach Scott Frost at Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are just 15-29 overall and 10-25 in Big Ten play since Frost took over in '18. Although last year's 3-9 record was unlucky, the disappointing mark prompted a major staff overhaul. Frost may not get another season at his alma mater with another losing mark, so the combination of a staff overhaul and a couple of key additions through the transfer portal has to be enough to get to six wins. Nebraska hasn't played in a bowl in five years, which is the program's longest drought since it missed seven in a row from 1955-61. Can the Cornhuskers finally break through under Frost and get to the postseason? Athlon's editors debate whether or not Nebraska will reach a bowl or fall short in '22:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-will-the-cornhuskers-make-a-bowl-in-2022

Imagine seeing this article 10 years ago, let alone 20-25... 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Well everyone believes that the Huskers make a bowl game but not much confidence in the win loss record. I will say that I don't have a prediction on record but feel very optimistic that this season will be way better then last. Qb, running back, wide receivers, defense line they are all up grades just got to put it all together as a team which they will do.

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well everyone believes that the Huskers make a bowl game but not much confidence in the win loss record. I will say that I don't have a prediction on record but feel very optimistic that this season will be way better then last. Qb, running back, wide receivers, defense line they are all up grades just got to put it all together as a team which they will do.

And yet, it's the OL that will really impact the QB and RB ... and that's why there is still some good question marks about what we have.  We added some OL talent ... so it will take another season to see if those were the changes necessary.  For me, the season still rests in those last four games when we are probably most wore down ... what we have there in the tank will be the real "eye ball test" for me.

• Plus1 2

I also think that was published before we got Mathis and Wynn so that should have a effect on how they see the Huskers. I understand they have added pieces to the o line but I feel like that if they coach them up with a different o-line coach maybe they can play up to standard of a good team. Yes Corcoran was the 4 best ot tackle coming out of high school and rankings don't mean anything but it has to mean something bc Nebraska wouldn't have gave him a scholarship if they didn't believe in his ability to be good and develop. Im hope is that with the new o-line coach he will teach things differently and get the o-line to a respectable way of how they perform.