Digital Combat Sim. If you like fighter aircraft this is the game to play.

This is a B-17 raid I created in the mission editor that has 4 groups of bombers with 3 combat boxes per group.

The game has fighter jets also, in fact it has far more jets that it does warbirds. F-86, MiG-15, F-5E, MiG-19, MiG-21, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, MiG-29 and quite a few others are in the game. Some are free mods like the A-4E Skyhawk others are included with the FC3 (Flaming Cliffs 3) module. (Multiple MiG and Sukhoi fighters are in the FC3 module plus the A-10A and F-15C). The game itself is free and has limitless replayability via the mission editor. If there is a con to this game it's that you have to purchase individual aircraft but it's also a pro in that you only need to purchase the aircraft you want to fly. You can also try out any aircraft module, including helicopters for two weeks every 6 months and you can try out as many as you'd like before buying any of them.

More aircraft are in development including the F-4U Corsair, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-7 Corsair, A-6 Intruder, F-4E Phantom II (a first day buy for me since I was a weapons mechanic on the Phantom) among others.

Here's a video of me and a friend flying F-5E's vs 4 MiG-21 Fishbeds. The recording didn't pick up my friends voice so I sound like a crazy man talking to his imaginary friend. ;)

All the good stuff happens fairly early.

Last Video, a close in knife fight resulting in a gun kill.

If anyone wants to try the game I can upload a training mission with three difficulty levels and make a short video on how to tailor it to your needs. :)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1