Husker Fans at Wake game

We wanted to take a minute to let you know how much the Wake fans appreciated the Husker fan's class, sportsmanship and general good nature at the game. My season tickets are on the "visitor" side (by choice of course, not b/c I haven't donated enough cabbage) so I get to interact w/ the visiting teams fans. I enjoyed the friendly banter with the Husker fans in section 12. The Big Red supporters came out in droves and I would say you had as big of a visiting crowd as UNC or Clemson would bring. We're quite appreciative of Nebraska coming to Winston-Salem. Also, we'll apologize for the worse than normal consessions (not that I had anything to do with them) - long lines and depleted supplies. We've already expressed our displeasure to our AD; we usually treat our "guests" better than that. We hope to get a rematch and preferably while we still have Coach Grobe - he's the best coach we've ever had! It was a decent game and we hope a good time was had by all!

We wanted to take a minute to let you know how much the Wake fans appreciated the Husker fan's class, sportsmanship and general good nature at the game. My season tickets are on the "visitor" side (by choice of course, not b/c I haven't donated enough cabbage) so I get to interact w/ the visiting teams fans. I enjoyed the friendly banter with the Husker fans in section 12. The Big Red supporters came out in droves and I would say you had as big of a visiting crowd as UNC or Clemson would bring. We're quite appreciative of Nebraska coming to Winston-Salem. Also, we'll apologize for the worse than normal consessions (not that I had anything to do with them) - long lines and depleted supplies. We've already expressed our displeasure to our AD; we usually treat our "guests" better than that. We hope to get a rematch and preferably while we still have Coach Grobe - he's the best coach we've ever had! It was a decent game and we hope a good time was had by all!

Pair of deacs.. i want u to know i emailed the president and alumni association via the WF webpage and told them how AWESOME we were treated by your fans.. the classiest i have ever seen. I must have gotten 50 great job, good game... from u guys.. and at least 20 Thank you for coming compliments...

I hope u will pass this on to them as well.. TY for being great hosts and wonderful friends

Jauken

Fans were nice to me and my wife after the game. One bad thing is the concessions, the water was hot and one girl tried to charge my wife 2.50 for a cup of ice. We are from S.C. AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YR. FOR THE CLEMSON GAME, WIFE CLEMSON GRAD, the drive is easy for us, only 1;45, I have never been to Winston-Salem in all my yrs here.

Sorry about the caps, wasnt watching.

Thanks for writing...

Thanks, I wasn't there, but I am a huge UNC b-ball fan (sorry), but I know that the state of North Carolina is very classy and has great character and big hearts. Grobe is a really good coach, you are fortunate to have him. What an awesome fan base, and good luck to Wake the rest of the way.

Fops

Pair...

Thank YOU for being such a good host. We were in Greensboro until Sunday, and only heard positive things both before and after the game.

As much sweat as I left in Section 11, I feel strangely connected in some way to Groves Stadium, so have become somewhat of a Wake fan. Kick A$$ in the ACC this year. Certain web sites have us going to Orlando for a bowl against an ACC team. Rematch, anyone?

Again, props to your students and locals for the great reception. Ranks right up there with the way we were treated at Pitt, and light years away from the hoodlums at Penn State.