Cash for Codgers

Husker37, Thanks for the Joke. I enjoyed it and copied it and sent it foreword.

You might want to include a few posts from this thread...You know..To make it more politically responsible.

I guess I will not have to with the people I sent it to. There is a time and place for politics and jokes. They usually go hand in hand. Some people push the politicly correct stuff way to far and need to relax once in a while.

Wow, it's obviously impossible to have a reasonable discussion with any of you, because your so sure you know the "truth", that you won't take the time to pull your heads out of your asses, to see what the real problems are here in America.

Seriously, Al Franken? What the f@$k does he have to do with this?!? Does the "INDEPENDENT 4 LIFE" not make it clear enough for you guys? I don't give a damn about you Repugs or you damn Dems, because your both WRONG!

My allegiance lies with country, and my children who unfortunately have to grow up in whatever is left of it after you "codgers" are long gone. And NOT to the professional liars, and the talking heads that support their selfish capitalist agendas.

But hey, if it makes you all feel good and makes you feel a "part" of something, go on and continue to to follow lock step with whatever side it is you feel represents your "beliefs". Meanwhile I will be steering clear of these threads, because I've come to realize that talking politics with you guys is like taking a shower with a rain coat. It's a waste of my time, and I always come out feeling dirty.

Bob -

#1) Your examples of "articles" are blogs.......

#2) For ever "article" you post saying the system works, I can find you at least one that says it doesn't.

For example:

Babies born in Hospital Corridors: Bed Shortage forces 4000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hosptial toilets

Man collpses with ruptured appendix....three weeks after NHS doctors 'took it out'

Sounds like great health care too me :sarcasm

I'll let you find the rest b/c I'm not taking the time to look up what I already know. Notice how my examples come from a real news source in the UK.

The fact remains is that every other industrialized, or civilized country. Health care for it's citizens is a right not a privilege. It's about taking care of ones citizens, not economics, policy or business. I know you, SOCAL, and Sarge think that the only thing wrong with America's present health care system is the need for tort reform. But believe or not, this system has got to change.

EDIT: moved to P & R rawhide

Obama Announces “Cash for Codgers”

OldCouple.jpg

The White House called a special news conference today to announce a new incentive to be added to the messiah’s government takeover of the nation’s healthcare industry.

Speaking for the President, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs spelled out the administrations new “Cash for Codgers” program, which is based on the huge success of the auto industry’s “Cash for Clunkers” program, which paid consumers to turn in their older, less productive automobiles for new, more productive and useful ones.

“Drawing from the better-than-expected results of the auto program, the administration feels they have found the perfect solution to the troublesome question of what to do with older, less productive citizens near the end of their usefullness.” stated Gibbs. “The parallels concerning the benefits are uncanny.”

The adminstration provided the following to prove their point:

The Clunker program removes unproductive cars - the Codger program removes unproductive citizens.

The Clunker program saves natural resources due to reduced consumption of fuel – the Codger program saves natural resources due to reduced consumption of fuel (dead people don’t need heat in winter or air conditioning in summer).

The Clunker program results in lower CO2 emissions – the Codger program does too (no breathing means no CO2).

The Clunker program results in a younger fleet of autos – the Codger program results in a younger fleet of citizens.

The Clunker program lowers auto maintenance costs – the Codger program lowers health maintenance costs (fewer people – lower costs).

The Clunker program benefits the government run auto industry – the Codger program benefits the government run healthcare industry.

Vouchers for the new healthcare program would be used just as they were for Cash for Clunkers, meaning that they will be applied to the purchase of new healthcare coverage and not given to participants as cash.

“The President felt that it would be a little tacky to turn this into a type of ‘bounty hunter’ program, although everything is on the table at this time,” stated Gibbs. “This isn’t Logan’s Run, afterall,” he chuckled. (Logan’s run is a sci-fi movie where no one was permitted to live beyond 30 years old due to limited resources).

The administration still needs to determine how much money they will offer for the new program. The amount given under the auto program was determined based on the amount of “improvement” society would realize as a result of the transaction.

“With Cash for Clunkers, it was easy to look at the facts and determine that there would be a net gain of “x” miles per gallon or there would be a reduction of “x” amounts of CO2, but evaluating the value of a human life is much tougher,” said Gibbs, “particularly when you consider that we have no idea if the codger has 1, 3, 5 years or more.”

“However, we’ve never let the absence of facts stop us from doing what we want in the past and that isn’t likely to change now.”

As the press conference concluded, Mr. Gibbs emphasized that the program will pay for both old men and old women.

“While the word “codger” literally refers to an old man, payments under this program will be made for both men and women. It’s just that a program called ’Cash for old men and women’ would have been a bit too obvious, not to mention not being quite as catchy.”

What others had to say:

Moving toward death as the default option – Hot Air Green Room

The Actua(ria)l Value of Life « Finding Ponies…

“War on Senior Citizens”: Mark Levin Interviews Dr. Betsy McCaughey on ObamaCare Details « Frugal Café Blog Zone

Coming next: Planned Grandparenthood Centers – Michelle Malkin

Video: Former CBO director says ObamaCare numbers don’t add up – Hot Air

NEXT TEA PARTY: AGAINST OBAMACARE – August 22, 2009 « FactReal

OBAMA-CARE 101: LONG WAITS, LOW QUALITY, RATIONING, CONTROL… « FactReal

Obama 2003 uncut: Sure, I support single-payer health care – Hot Air

The Strange Case Of Dr. ObamaCare and Mr. HydeTheTruth

Categories: Comic Relief, Obama, elderly, healthcare, satire

Tags: Comic Relief, elderly, healthcare, Obama, satire

The fact remains is that every other industrialized, or civilized country. Health care for it's citizens is a right not a privilege. It's about taking care of ones citizens, not economics, policy or business. I know you, SOCAL, and Sarge think that the only thing wrong with America's present health care system is the need for tort reform. But believe or not, this system has got to change.

My question to you is: How much are you willing to give up for this "so-called" right? Your right to privacy? Your right to chose? Your economic freedom?

I agree with you - as I have stated before - our system has it's flaws, but in what countries has a government system worked? Canada's system is bankrupt. The UK's system is a nightmare. The French are going back to the free market because the cost to the government is unsustainable.

There are many programs out there that no one takes advantage of:

SCHIP- Covers many young people up to 30 years of age.

Medicaid - Many people are covered but don't know they qualify. This program is funded by deductions from your paycheck (FICA).

Free Drugs - Every pharmaceutical company has a partnership program for free or reduced drug cost and you don't have to have insurance to qualify. Here's some companies- Pfizer...Bristol-Meyers Squibb

Charities - Most hospitals, especially ones affiliated with religious organizations (Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic) have charities that will help pay partial or full medical expense for care if they qualify.

How many of you wanting the government option are willing to give up material possessions and alter your lifestyle to pay for it? Cell Phones, cable TV, internet, big TV's, discretionary entertainment expenses, diet, exercise, no smoking, no drinking, ect....

I'll be damned if the government is going to take food off my table, and clothes off my children's backs, in lieu of extra taxes funding some healthcare overhaul, if the ones on the receiving end aren't expected to do anything and get everything in return. You want your "right" then take the responsibility that comes along with it.

Wow, it's obviously impossible to have a reasonable discussion with any of you, because your so sure you know the "truth", that you won't take the time to pull your heads out of your asses, to see what the real problems are here in America.

Seriously, Al Franken? What the f@$k does he have to do with this?!? Does the "INDEPENDENT 4 LIFE" not make it clear enough for you guys? I don't give a damn about you Repugs or you damn Dems, because your both WRONG!

My allegiance lies with country, and my children who unfortunately have to grow up in whatever is left of it after you "codgers" are long gone. And NOT to the professional liars, and the talking heads that support their selfish capitalist agendas.

But hey, if it makes you all feel good and makes you feel a "part" of something, go on and continue to to follow lock step with whatever side it is you feel represents your "beliefs". Meanwhile I will be steering clear of these threads, because I've come to realize that talking politics with you guys is like taking a shower with a rain coat. It's a waste of my time, and I always come out feeling dirty.

:moreinteresting

huzkerbob . . . keeper of the Truth. Didn't realize you had monopolized it. Apologies.

EDIT: moved to P & R rawhide

What does tort reform have to do with my solutions to our healthcare debate? In fact, when have I ever said that it is the "only thing wrong with it?" I'm pretty sure I have never even mentioned it, let alone said that it is the only thing wrong.

I think you need to go back and reread my posts if that's what you got out of them. I specifically stated that the only way to reform healthcare is for the government to get the hell out of it. What part of that does tort reform belong to?