Five NU storylines going into Big Ten Media Days

Five NU storylines going into Big Ten Media Days
Robin Washut HuskerOnline.com Senior Writer
Handling low expectations
Whether it's warranted or not, Nebraska is coming into the season carrying relatively low outside expectations from those around the conference and college football. While many still believe the Huskers have a legit shot at winning the West Division title and playing for a Big Ten championship, there are just as many others away from the program who think NU might not be able to top the likes of Wisconsin and Iowa in order to get Indianapolis.
<snip>
Have the Blackshirts truly arrived?
Much of the optimism surrounding Nebraska this season revolves around the anticipated improvements of the defense. After going through a rough learning curve early last season, the Huskers slowly came into their own defensively over the course of the year. Now a year older and wiser, the hope is NU is ready to return to the type of defensive unit Pelini boasted during the early portion of his tenure in Lincoln.

<and three other storylines>

LINK

Is it me, or do the two headlines above seem to contradict each other?

I think nobody knows what to expect this year. Could be anywhere from great to crappy.

I am usually a realist, but i just feel like this year will be special. I think Bo knows he needs to change a few things and I think he is going to try and take a page out of Tim Miles book.

I think it will create a more loose environment.

I honestly think we can win 10 games this year... possibly more.

I think this defense will be leaps and bounds better and we are hopefully going to be a consistent offense. Armstrong can throw the ball.. defenses cant load the box to stop the run with TA's long ball ability.

I am usually a realist, but i just feel like this year will be special. I think Bo knows he needs to change a few things and I think he is going to try and take a page out of Tim Miles book.

I think this defense will be leaps and bounds better and we are hopefully going to be a consistent offense. Armstrong can throw the ball.. defenses cant load the box to stop the run with TA's long ball ability.

If the Blackshirts have truly arrived, like they ask in the article, then this team could go a long ways. More specifically, I'd say if our D-line shines then the Blackshirts are gonna be solid. And we're gonna have a great year. Maybe a trip to Indy. And who knows, I wouldn't rule out Pasadena.

If the Blackshirts have truly arrived, like they ask in the article, then this team could go a long ways. More specifically, I'd say if our D-line shines then the Blackshirts are gonna be solid. And we're gonna have a great year. Maybe a trip to Indy. And who knows, I wouldn't rule out Pasadena.

I'm with the both of you. The defense improved so much over the course of last year. We lead the B1G in sacks last year although we're sure going to miss Avery Moss this season.

Nobody is quite as high on Ameer or Randy as the rest of us, but I think that's a good thing. Added motivation and all that.

I'm with the both of you. The defense improved so much over the course of last year. We lead the B1G in sacks last year although we're sure going to miss Avery Moss this season.

Nobody is quite as high on Ameer or Randy as the rest of us, but I think that's a good thing. Added motivation and all that.

Yeah, Moss would have been a nice bookend across from Gregory. Thunder and lightning! Oh well. Spilled milk.

Yeah, Moss would have been a nice bookend across from Gregory. Thunder and lightning! Oh well. Spilled milk.

:madash:madash