Exhibition Game #1- Nebraska vs Northwood (Nov 7, 7:30pm)

Thomas Allen is going to be a really really good player for us. Talk about a major boost from a late signee. He has potential to be one of the best all around offensive guards we've had at Nebraska in a long time. 

Palmer looks like he's settled in. Playing really really well. Need him to keep it up. 

Need Copeland to keep working back to full strength and health. I think the Copeland you will see in February will be much different than the one you see in November. Will take him a bit to get it rolling but when he does- look out. 

McVeigh's role on this team is 3 and D and thats exactly what it should be. Can play 4 when we go small- he had a sneaky 6 boards tonight. 

Overall the team is in a good place going into the regular season IMO. What I'm really curious to see is if there is any advancement of offensive coaching- i.e. running legitimate sets and not just the dribble weave at the top of the key. And hopefully I don't want to jump off a building the first time we go up against a team that plays zone. 

23 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

I was there, Palmer and Allen looked great, nobody else was really hitting shots. They banked 3 threes in the first half, and Palmer heated up in the second half. We are a good transition team

It was a pretty ugly first half. The most concerning thing was probably the horrific showing on the boards. We were missing pieces but none of which should have affected how they did on the glass. This is what exhibitions are for though right? Team has some good potential and it will be great to see them at full strength.

23 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

It was a pretty ugly first half. The most concerning thing was probably the horrific showing on the boards. We were missing pieces but none of which should have affected how they did on the glass. This is what exhibitions are for though right? Team has some good potential and it will be great to see them at full strength.

Yep, NW had a really nice putback dunk, we had some opportunities to drive/dunk, and layed it up softly and missed it though. I remember twice with Copeland

Edited by Roll Skers