Who are your Top 10 Basketball players of all-time?

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You're absolutely right; he's a stat monster, and does things we haven't seen since the Big O. I would have a hard time putting him above guys like Shaq, Hakeem, Stockton, Malone, or Isaiah Thomas, let alone some of his contemporaries like Durant and Curry, though. 

I don't like Curry because, for me, he's just a jump shooter, maybe one of the best we've ever seen, but doesn't WOW me with his overall skills like RW does.   KD, is right there, sometimes I think he's so good he looks like he goes through the motions and that moves him down my list, not fair to him, but I'd rather have the guy that puts up better overall numbers and looks like he cares every game.  Stockton, I was never impressed with, I think he benefited from Malone and wasn't any better than a KJ, Mark Jackson, Danny Ainge type player.  Their system was geared to get him assists to Malone, talent wise I don't think he was that great.  Malone makes my top 15 and could easily bump Russ.   Hate Shaq for his attitude/effort.  He quit on too many teams for me to think he's deserving.   Hakeem was right there with Malone and the Admiral.  Zeke, I never know where to slot him, he and Pippen are ones I can never get a good idea of how great they really were.   Indispensable to their teams, but I never thought they were the best player on the court in any game.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, sho said:

I don't like Curry because, for me, he's just a jump shooter, maybe one of the best we've ever seen, but doesn't WOW me with his overall skills like RW does.   KD, is right there, sometimes I think he's so good he looks like he goes through the motions and that moves him down my list, not fair to him, but I'd rather have the guy that puts up better overall numbers and looks like he cares every game.  Stockton, I was never impressed with, I think he benefited from Malone and wasn't any better than a KJ, Mark Jackson, Danny Ainge type player.  Their system was geared to get him assists to Malone, talent wise I don't think he was that great.  Malone makes my top 15 and could easily bump Russ.   Hate Shaq for his attitude/effort.  He quit on too many teams for me to think he's deserving.   Hakeem was right there with Malone and the Admiral.  Zeke, I never know where to slot him, he and Pippen are ones I can never get a good idea of how great they really were.   Indispensable to their teams, but I never thought they were the best player on the court in any game.

If Westbrook is 10 on your list, where do you have Curry? You know someone who has won 3 championships.

5 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

If Westbrook is 10 on your list, where do you have Curry? You know someone who has won 3 championships.

Robert Horry has won 7.  Havlicek won how many?  Pippen won 6.  Robert Parrish has 4.  Would any of them be better than Curry in your opinion?   Where are they on your list?   Yeah, Curry won 3, he's a great player on a great team, but he's not even the best player on that Warriors team.  It's KD.   There's a handful of players with zero rings that I would say are better than Curry, one being Westbrook.  Winning rings isn't the indicator of greatest all time.

1 minute ago, sho said:

Robert Horry has won 7.  Havlicek won how many?  Pippen won 6.  Robert Parrish has 4.  Would any of them be better than Curry in your opinion?   Where are they on your list?   Yeah, Curry won 3, he's a great player on a great team, but he's not even the best player on that Warriors team.  It's KD.   There's a handful of players with zero rings that I would say are better than Curry, one being Westbrook.  Winning rings isn't the indicator of greatest all time.

I have KD 12. Curry 15. Westbrook is not even top 25.

46 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Also Curry is more than a shooter. He runs the offense to perfection and has a lower turnover rate than Westbrook. If Westbrook is so great how come he couldn't get out of the first round with Paul George and Melo on his team.

My personal opinion....Melo is HOT GARBAGE and a cancer to a team.   Paul George was done with the season and disappeared on them.    I really feel the front office is failing RW.   That OKC team was on the verge of being the Warriors and it imploded on them.  Keep that team together that made the finals, add pieces.  Instead they traded pieces away for junk.  That Ibaka trade...man, that was awful.  Harden forced their hand, but trading him away for what amounted to junk also was bad.   The fact they couldn't keep KD also sucked, but that's more likely on Westbrook than management.   I have a feeling that's more like a Shaq/Kobe split than front office failure.