University of Arizona may have to cut some sports

Madcows

After that leaked memo from AD AD at UNO about potentially cutting some programs/staff because of some questionable accounting from when Trev was AD, as someone in accounting, I was thinking they were in a rough spot. But now reading about Arizona and how they have a $250 MILLION shortfall, a lot of people in their finance team needs to be fired. This could be a catastrophic mistake for Arizona. This is my biggest fear is having my boss walk in and say "Yeah, you f'ed up your spreadsheet And now we're all broke and fired" and that's going to happen to people in Tuscon.

A $240 million budget shortage could lead to the elimination of some varsity sports programs at the University of Arizona, multiple outlets reported.

University president Robert Robbins disclosed the possibility of layoffs and other cost-cutting measures during a faculty senate meeting Monday, according to Tucson.com.

"Everything is on the table in terms of dealing with athletics," Robbins said, per the reports. "This is an issue that is going to require a lot of tough decisions."

https://www.albanyherald.com/fieldlevel/report-arizona-considers-cutting-some-sports-programs/article_8ec8f366-1bfb-524e-80d1-407e0188c1b8.html

• Plus1 1