Dave matthews band craps on fans

"In an era of manufactered stars...(Dave Mathews) acquired his fans the old fashion way, he earned their devotion, night after night on the road, putting on great shows and letting word of mouth take care of the rest." -Announcer introducing Dave Mathews at a Johnny Cash triubute show.

I share similar thoughts as Red Country, I have been to about a dozen shows including 2 at Giant Stadium, 1 at Soldier Field, and a half dozen near Kansas City. I even took a road trip to Des Moines to see "Trippin Billies," a DMB tribute band to get my "Jimi Thing" fix.

My trip to the Windy City was one of the greatest times of my life. A Dave concert is a revolution, an epiphany multiplied times over. Whether you’re old or young, white or black, sober or drunk, high or trippin', Dave and his mates can soothe your soul with their divergent, flexible styles.

Whether it be the laser sharp shreds of Boyd Tinsley’s unique violin play in “Warehouse,” “Two Step,” and “Crush.” The dynamic slap of Stefan Lessard on his cool bass in an original version of “All Along the Watchtower.” The controlled violence that hits you in the depths of your belly when Carter Beauford’s 28-piece drum set revs up with “Halloween.” Or the beauty that can tingle your heart with the tap of his high hat in a soothing version of “Lover Lay Down.” With an extensive jazz and rock background, LeRoi Moore screams and squeals in one and then sings you a lullaby in another with his unorthodox sax and clarinet notes. He can jam for hours and hours and then a many more. Just check out and then “Drive in Drive Out,” and “Proudest Monkey.” And of course there’s that voice. Not big, nor extremely fluid, but rather the perfect fit. Like a small child, innocent and developing in “One Sweet World,” “Satellite,” and “Recently” He let’s fly in classics, “Grey Street” “Bartender,” and a live version of “Crash.”

The music moves you, like Stefan said, “The music I listen to needs to stimulate my mind, nod my head, move my feet, or shake my hips, if it doesn’t we don’t get along.” I get along with Dave.

Those with small children know you can have the worst day of your life but when you come home your little boy or girl will give you a big hug as soon as you walk in and then everything seems all right. Dido with Dave. Put on any CD, grab a beer and jam on your couch. It’s heaven on Earth.

In 5, 10, 20, 30 years from now, Dave, the Band and his fans will look back and be able to smile at the run they had. All bands pass, and sooner or later DMB will too. When?? Who knows? Every album produces more fans and keeps the old. They fill stadiums!!! But when they do, everyone in the family will be able to say, “You know what, at one time, we were the best band in America.”

In a recent issue of Rolling Stones, Dave Mathews said, “I have to admit were badass.” Yes Dave Mathews, the Band, is Badass.

• 5 months later...

This whole story is just so surreal to me. Almost seems like something like this couldnt have happned. just too made up. I mean can you imagine this??? Several hundred pounds of poo come raining down on you when youre taking some relaxing ferry ride on a river/?!!! If you needed another reason to hate ferry rides!!! :lol:

The s--t storm over a Dave Matthews Band-fueled s--t storm intensified today as the group's tour bus driver, Stefan Wohl, was criminally charged with dumping human waste into the Chicago River last summe

They sure do like writing the word s--t. Has cool effect. See try it. S--t. That felt cool1!! :horns2

Unfortunately for all involved, under the bridge at exactly the time of said dumpage was Chicago's Little Lady tour boat, with more than 100 people on board taking in the sights of the Second City.

Waste from a tour bus was apparently not on the itinerary.

:rollin what a clever s--t dumping beat writer.

This whole story just reeks if you ask me. :flush

"In an era of manufactered stars...(Dave Mathews) acquired his fans the old fashion way, he earned their devotion, night after night on the road, putting on great shows and letting word of mouth take care of the rest." -Announcer introducing Dave Mathews at a Johnny Cash triubute show.

I love this quote. Dave Matthews Band is definatly not a manufactured star. They are original. We need more artists like them.

I love this quote. Dave Matthews Band is definatly not a manufactured star. They are original. We need more artists like them.

Right on Josh