Huskers had to slow down the game!

The Huskers had to run the ball today because we couldn't match them in a track meet. Who really thinks we could score 40 against these guys. Cally slowed down the game to keep it close so we could have a chance. USC has too much speed. Do you really think that we could win a 45-40 game? We held USC to 28 points. How many bozos in the media were talking USC is going to score 50. Jarrett was everything everybody said. 28-10 game against USC is very respectable. If we passed 40 times we would have lost 60-10 and everyone would have said how come we didn't run. Glenn didn't play because he is a power runner and we had to match speed to speed. Cally was trying to slow down the game. To beat a speed team you have to slow down the game not get into a trackmeat.

and i agree, i even PREDICTED he would slow down the game, but we didn't even give Zac and Herian and Nunn a chance to contribute.....not even a chance!!

that is what has me pissed off more than anything........this rubs my ass the wrong way and will for the rest of the season!

hunter

I agree, Unfortunately we didn't win the field position game and the turnover margin.. Really they are talking up Jarrett but we kept him in check compared to other teams last year.

If we passed every other down we would have givin them more scoring oppertunites. The game plan was to keep it close. Do we really think that we could match USC speed to speed. Did everybody see their speed on their defense? Tell me, how do tou beat a speed team? You run the ball. How do you think the Patriots always beat the Colts in the playoffs? They run the ball and play defense. Everybody thinks we could beat them in a trackmeet. We had to run the ball to shorten the game.

If we passed every other down we would have givin them more scoring oppertunites. The game plan was to keep it close. Do we really think that we could match USC speed to speed. Did everybody see their speed on their defense? Tell me, how do tou beat a speed team? You run the ball. How do you think the Patriots always beat the Colts in the playoffs? They run the ball and play defense. Everybody thinks we could beat them in a trackmeet. We had to run the ball to shorten the game.

But yet some think like they are playing the game with an Xbox! Good post!

What about all the sweeps on 3rd and 6 or 8. That does nothing to stop that team speed.

Slowing the game down is a good strategy but at the end of the half you need to try and get a score. even if it is just 3 points.

The Toss play that wasn't working and he continued to call even when backed up and on 3rd down. Not sure why he made that call.

Cody Glen would have been good on those 3rd and 2 situations. You need size and power, speed won't get it done there. You need to go with the guy who can move the pile a yard or two.