Bring back the drunk Solich

i agree, but bring back Osborne.  We should beat troy.

I have a name to throw out and will get flamed for it. Chris Peterson the main guy behind Boise State's offense!

Are we really already naming replacements for BC? This is getting old. :ahhhhhhhh

That's not a new coach i'm talking about, i'm talking about a dynasty. I'm talking about a coach that would never just roll over, a coach that would play to win even if he lost. We may lose, but some of us know that we tried, and though we may not accept it, we'll know we just didn't give up before the game began. I'd have had alot more respect for Callahan had it been he had played for a win and gotten killed, it wouldn't have been as transparent to most of us as his playing to keep it close.

Would everybody be happy if we lost 70-10. Jarrett was going to have 300 yrds and 4 tds if we got into a shootout. USC has better skill players than the Huskers. Maybe if the team played it close then the team won't hang it's head. Maybe the Huskers are thinking we could hang with the #2 team in the nation. Does losing 70-10 better than losing 28-10. We had to play a perfect game to win and we didn't. Would you rather lose by 18 or 60?

I have a name to throw out and will get flamed for it. Chris Peterson the main guy behind Boise State's offense!

Are we really already naming replacements for BC? This is getting old. :ahhhhhhhh

and fast! Yeah Hawkins is from Boise St and just look at the stellar year he is having with sCUm! :LOLtartar

:yeah You think the players were dissapointed tonight, think of if we changed coaches after this season. Most of these players came here to play for BC, and these kids are quality players. Why would we go to a WAC coordinator? That's big name for you right there! :sarcasm

Peterson? Are you nuts? I don't want a blue field in Memorial Stadium :blink:

That's not a new coach i'm talking about, i'm talking about a dynasty. I'm talking about a coach that would never just roll over, a coach that would play to win even if he lost. We may lose, but some of us know that we tried, and though we may not accept it, we'll know we just didn't give up before the game began. I'd have had alot more respect for Callahan had it been he had played for a win and gotten killed, it wouldn't have been as transparent to most of us as his playing to keep it close.

LMAO yeah right! Then you would of posted about why Callahan's D "got us killed". Sure is easy to "arm chair quarter back" a game. Isn't it? :hmmm

Would everybody be happy if we lost 70-10. Jarrett was going to have 300 yrds and 4 tds if we got into a shootout. USC has better skill players than the Huskers. Maybe if the team played it close then the team won't hang it's head. Maybe the Huskers are thinking we could hang with the #2 team in the nation. Does losing 70-10 better than losing 28-10. We had to play a perfect game to win and we didn't. Would you rather lose by 18 or 60?

I'd rather lose by 60 as long as I new we we're playing to win rather than playing to only lose by 18. I not sure we could have won a shootout but there are more than just two game plans (play to lose by 18 and shootout).

Would you rather lose by 18 or 60?

I would rather lose not at all, but aside from that, I would like to have at least TRIED to win.

What did BC say on big red reaction or whatever it's called? I'd like to see how he defends his gameplan.

You can bet it will be the same old politician/coachspeak--aka alot of words, no meaning.

LMAO yeah right! Then you would of posted about why Callahan's D "got us killed". Sure is easy to "arm chair quarter back" a game. Isn't it? :hmmm

Well take it from a division 1 player. Had i ever played for Callahan i'd have lost alot of respect for him after tonight. I didn't play football, instead i played div 1 soccer at Creighton University(thats in Omaha BTW) and had coach Simon done something like this he'd have lost alot of the respect he had gained with us.

Callahan as it is, fortunately doesn't have the final call on the D. I guess in your world you can forgive this mochary we call NU football coaching. I've yet to forget our days of glory as you have. I've not given up on our team being a top 5 in the nation as they used to be year in and year out. At least with some coached who were very bad(solich since you're dense), they at least tried to put forth an effort no matter what it meant. He never rolled over and died as Callhan did this evening. Callhan has lost all respect from me and his players, you could see it in their faces. We'll see how much they listen to him next week, we may see a tottally different team next week because of this. I am a life long fan of the big red nation, I don't condone being a team known that has a coach who just gives up on his players and goes into a game figuring they are going to lose. Even though I am not an NU graduate, I still give them cash yearly as a Las Vegas Nebraskan via donations. I don't want to support a coach who will roll over and die like that because of a ranking some analysts give them. I was never raised as a proud nebraskan to roll over and die, I would expect the same from a coach that runs the program everyone in or from my favorite state looks to as a way of life. I am embarassed as all hell to have such a pathetic low life man to be in charge of such a prestigious program. You live with that, thats your choice, you roll over and die, but this marine shall never roll over and die.

Well take it from a division 1 player. Had i ever played for Callahan i'd have lost alot of respect for him after tonight. I didn't play football, instead i played div 1 soccer at Creighton University(thats in Omaha BTW) and had coach Simon done something like this he'd have lost alot of the respect he had gained with us.

Callahan as it is, fortunately doesn't have the final call on the D. I guess in your world you can forgive this mochary we call NU football coaching. I've yet to forget our days of glory as you have. I've not given up on our team being a top 5 in the nation as they used to be year in and year out. At least with some coached who were very bad(solich since you're dense), they at least tried to put forth an effort no matter what it meant. He never rolled over and died as Callhan did this evening. Callhan has lost all respect from me and his players, you could see it in their faces. We'll see how much they listen to him next week, we may see a tottally different team next week because of this. I am a life long fan of the big red nation, I don't condone being a team known that has a coach who just gives up on his players and goes into a game figuring they are going to lose. Even though I am not an NU graduate, I still give them cash yearly as a Las Vegas Nebraskan via donations. I don't want to support a coach who will roll over and die like that because of a ranking some analysts give them. I was never raised as a proud nebraskan to roll over and die, I would expect the same from a coach that runs the program everyone in or from my favorite state looks to as a way of life. I am embarassed as all hell to have such a pathetic low life man to be in charge of such a prestigious program. You live with that, thats your choice, you roll over and die, but this marine shall never roll over and die.

Ah so I am not a fan now! lol Sorry to burst your bubble but I too was a Marine and a graduate not from Crieghton but from UNL. Class of 92. I too also give money to the program but I don't sit here on a forum and bitch and moan about what a coach does/doesn't. Again what does it actually solve again??? I highly doubt that Callahan and staff read this. Yes I am pissed about the game but our program has slipped way before he got here. It's going to take some time. How much? Who knows, but people calling for the head coaches job isn't the answer after one friggen loss! I am also not going to get involved in a pissing contest with others on this board. You have your ideas about the game and I have mine! All I can say is I am pressing on and am gearing up for Troy next week!

I was never raised as a proud nebraskan to roll over and die, I would expect the same from a coach that runs the program everyone in or from my favorite state looks to as a way of life.

That is part of the problem, BC really doesn't understand. He can read all the books he wants, and act as if he as become acclimated to Nebraska, but I don't think he could ever truly understand.

You live with that, thats your choice, you roll over and die, but this marine shall never roll over and die.

Thank you sir, for the sacrifices you made to this great country. :thumbs

Ah so I am not a fan now! lol Sorry to burst your bubble but I too was a Marine and a graduate not from Crieghton but from UNL. Class of 92. I too also give money to the program but I don't sit here on a forum and bitch and moan about what a coach does/doesn't. Again what does it actually solve again??? I highly doubt that Callahan and staff read this. Yes I am pissed about the game but our program has slipped way before he got here. It's going to take some time. How much? Who knows, but people calling for the head coaches job isn't the answer after one friggen loss! I am also not going to get involved in a pissing contest with others on this board. You have your ideas about the game and I have mine! All I can say is I am pressing on and am gearing up for Troy next week!

so what you're saying is that you simply accept his choice? Maybe I am misunderstanding you. It may be one game to you, but to some of us, we see just exactly how much this coach cares about this program that we all have been brought up to respect. How many times will it take before you know that if BC believes we will lose before you decide it's more than "one friggin loss"? He did it tonight, whose to say he doesn't do this again, will that be okay with you? Our defensive backfield got killed tonight, there's no question about that, but thats a chance we have to take, we took no offensive chances at all.

All in all, this is NOT Nebraska football. This is some coach collecting a paycheck and not caring about the program he represents. Do we need a coach who understands the pride of the husker fans? Yes i think we do. Take a look at BC's history, think of the season after he was handed the team to go to the superbowl, he did nothing for that team, it was handed to him, the year after, he was fired because even that senile Al Davis noticed the lack of belief he had in that team(yes, it was awful no thanks to al davis and his stupid trades). It showed just what he thought of that team, he gave up, plain and simple. One game is just a beginning, why do we give him the chance to make a mochary of this team we both apparently love so much? How long will you just accept it? How long will any of us accept it? I'm not giving him the chance to do as he did to that post SB season of the raiders(yes, i hate them too, still to this day). I ask you, where's the line?

As for the pissing contest, that comes from your armchair QB comment. I'm going from my very own experiences in life and using them in my opinion of the thoughts and in the eyes i saw on that husker team tonight. I would have never wasted my time with a coach that had no beleif in his own team. Hell i'd have played at UNLV if i'd wanted a coach who simply wanted a paycheck and didn't care about wins or losses. Would you play or partake in anything that the person running it had no belief in your abilities as a team?

so what you're saying is that you simply accept his choice? Maybe I am misunderstanding you. It may be one game to you, but to some of us, we see just exactly how much this coach cares about this program that we all have been brought up to respect. How many times will it take before you know that if BC believes we will lose before you decide it's more than "one friggin loss"? He did it tonight, whose to say he doesn't do this again, will that be okay with you? Our defensive backfield got killed tonight, there's no question about that, but thats a chance we have to take, we took no offensive chances at all.

All in all, this is NOT Nebraska football. This is some coach collecting a paycheck and not caring about the program he represents. Do we need a coach who understands the pride of the husker fans? Yes i think we do. Take a look at BC's history, think of the season after he was handed the team to go to the superbowl, he did nothing for that team, it was handed to him, the year after, he was fired because even that senile Al Davis noticed the lack of belief he had in that team(yes, it was awful no thanks to al davis and his stupid trades). It showed just what he thought of that team, he gave up, plain and simple. One game is just a beginning, why do we give him the chance to make a mochary of this team we both apparently love so much? How long will you just accept it? How long will any of us accept it? I'm not giving him the chance to do as he did to that post SB season of the raiders(yes, i hate them too, still to this day). I ask you, where's the line?

As for the pissing contest, that comes from your armchair QB comment. I'm going from my very own experiences in life and using them in my opinion of the thoughts and in the eyes i saw on that husker team tonight. I would have never wasted my time with a coach that had no beleif in his own team. Hell i'd have played at UNLV if i'd wanted a coach who simply wanted a paycheck and didn't care about wins or losses. Would you play or partake in anything that the person running it had no belief in your abilities as a team?

So what do you suggest we do now? Throw in the towel on the rest of the games? Start a protest all over the nation calling for a new coach? If so who exactly do you chose that

who understands the pride of the husker fans?
I think its plain rediculious to totally give up on our coaching staff at this point. WIth that in mind I am pretty much done replying to this topic because all we are going to do is disagree.