Incognito will not play...

Redout

Okay take this with a grain of salt.

I was reception and someone told me if Incognito had gotten kicked off the team? I said I don't think so. Well last week he pushed and smacked around his girlfriend.

Now as I said this could have been a football hater, and Incognito hater, or it can be true.

I was reading the paper this morning and Dennis Wagner is quoted as saying,"I think Richie's a great football player, but until he get's himself squared away with all his situations, and gets into shape....Then, obviously, he'll find some way onto the field."

Now he left that out to interpretation, but why not just say illness or infection as the school and newspapers have been telling us all along? He was out of practice last week for "personal problems," not illness.

Cover ups are all over college football. NU is no exception. Or is he really just sick?

What a waste of talent. Come on Rich, get your head out!!

Looks like Pike will be the guy at C vs. WIU..

Husker Report: Center Pike working with No. 1 offense

BY ELIZABETH MERRILL

LINCOLN - Richie Incognito is an All-Big 12 offensive lineman. Gary Pike has yet to see the field in three years at Nebraska.

So which one will start at center next week in Nebraska's season opener? It could be Pike, who's been working with the No. 1 offense.

When asked after Saturday's practice if Pike will start against Western Illinois, Nebraska Offensive Coordinator Jay Norvell said, "That won't be finalized until this week. We'll see, and Coach will make a decision."

At the start of fall camp, NU Coach Bill Callahan announced that an unspecified number of players faced game suspensions, presumably for Western Illinois. He declined to say who would sit. Incognito, receiver Grant Mulkey and fullback Grant Miller have been involved in off-the-field incidents that included police charges since the Dec. 30 Alamo Bowl.

Incognito also has been slowed with a viral infection and hip problems.

It has meant more practice time with the top units for Pike and sophomore Kurt Mann. NU Offensive Line Coach Dennis Wagner and Norvell have praised Pike's work ethic.

"He's had a good camp," Norvell said. 'We have every confidence in him that if he is the starter, he'll do well."

Callahan plans to release the depth chart Tuesday.

Amos making strong recovery

After three weeks of watching the receivers, Norvell said he's close to settling on a top six. One of them may come as a surprise.

Willie Amos, who's battled back from a serious knee injury, has worked his way into one of the top receiver spots, Norvell said. He also listed Ross Pilkington, Terrence Nunn and Grant Mulkey in the top four.

Norvell said walk-on Matt Schroeder and juco transfer Shamus McKoy also will be in the mix. He said two returning receivers, Mark LeFlore (toe) and Isaiah Fluellen (hamstring), are still slowed by injuries.

Huskers hold dress rehearsal

Saturday's practice served as a dress rehearsal for Western Illinois, and the Huskers wore their game jerseys for the afternoon workout.

"Today was a good dry run," Callahan said. "We got a lot of things accomplished from a game-day perspective. I think that it's important for our players to go out and see logistically how everything is going to be done."

After an evening function, Callahan said he planned to watch the second half of the USC-Virginia Tech game. Though the Huskers play USC in two years, Callahan said he wasn't planning on doing a scouting report.

"I'm not worried about USC right now," Callahan said. "I'm worried about next weekend."

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...8&u_sid=1188662

Considering how I got this information, I wouldn't trust it that much....

But, I heard from a friend of mine who used to work at gallop with people that knew incognito that he was into cocain, which would explain his anger problem. But once again, I don't know how reliable that information is.

The thing that sucks is no matter how ridiculous any of these stories are, it's still conceiveable he could have or is taking part of them, because of his past. It gets back to another thread on the board about Keyou Craver. These guys just don't think they are going to get caught.