What might have been.

HuskerFan06

We all know in a game where your playing on the other teams turf your a big underdog and your playing a team that has been as dominant as SC has been over the last 3 or 4 years you need a few things to go your way. And in this game things never went the way of the BIG RED.

Examples....

Early in the game we sack Booty who then fumbles but the ball was picked up by an SC RB and ran for a 1st down after a 12 yrd pick up..this eventually led to an SC score.

Begening of the 2nd half Booty's first pass was a mere inches from being picked and returned for 6 by Grixby and what would have made the game 14-10 became a mere incompletion.

And finally after we made it 21-10 with SC driving the come out w a WR pass in which PAtrick Turner throws up a lame duck pass that should have been picked by either the slipping McKeon or Shanle who let the ball go righ through his hands. again this lead to a score.

Lets not for get the holding call on Phillips after Lucky broke off about 15 yrd run that out us inside the SC 30 with good momentum.

These were all things that didnt go our way im sure there were plenty more but these stuck out to me the most and im sure most of you have already noted these mishaps. Anyway its in the past and we can only go home and get ready for Troy and Conf play. the season is still young and we have plenty to accomplish.

GO BIG RED!!!

I agree.....Beating USC woulda been awesome, but it didnt happen so its time to move on.....we can still easily run the table in my mind and finish with only one loss....I have complete faith in Coach Callahan and the other coaches and its time to look towards Troy.

Boy do I hope we put an A$$ whoopin on Troy though...Take some frustrations out.

GO BIG RED!!!

I STILL LOVE ZAC TAYLOR....whata bada$$.

:restore

We all know in a game where your playing on the other teams turf your a big underdog and your playing a team that has been as dominant as SC has been over the last 3 or 4 years you need a few things to go your way. And in this game things never went the way of the BIG RED.

Examples....

Early in the game we sack Booty who then fumbles but the ball was picked up by an SC RB and ran for a 1st down after a 12 yrd pick up..this eventually led to an SC score.

Begening of the 2nd half Booty's first pass was a mere inches from being picked and returned for 6 by Grixby and what would have made the game 14-10 became a mere incompletion.

And finally after we made it 21-10 with SC driving the come out w a WR pass in which PAtrick Turner throws up a lame duck pass that should have been picked by either the slipping McKeon or Shanle who let the ball go righ through his hands. again this lead to a score.

Lets not for get the holding call on Phillips after Lucky broke off about 15 yrd run that out us inside the SC 30 with good momentum.

These were all things that didnt go our way im sure there were plenty more but these stuck out to me the most and im sure most of you have already noted these mishaps. Anyway its in the past and we can only go home and get ready for Troy and Conf play. the season is still young and we have plenty to accomplish.

GO BIG RED!!!

These examples show that it wasn't just the coaches fault that we lost, it was the TEAM'S fault. Good post. :thumbs

The holding call on Grixby when the ball was way over the recievers head also kept a drive alive for USC in which they eventually scored on.

I find that call very interesting because the pass was un catchable it was out of bounds so hold or no hold the play wouldnt have been made....he woulda been better off knocking his ass on the ground that way it woulda been pass interference but since the ball was un playable it wouldnt have mattered.....theres a fine line between the 2 calls and how if that was pass intereference its a no call but since they called it a hold its an automatic 1st down. <_<