**Troy Game: Video, Pics, Quotes, Stats, Stories**

Blackshirt

WOW is this impressive about us or what?!!!

Troy Coach Larry Blakeney

Postgame Quotes

Saturday, Sept. 23, 2006

On Nebraska

"Best football team we've faced in a long time. Great coaching on their side of the field. Their players were prepared and ready and big and fast. I don't know what they call that offense, if it's west coast or east coast or south coast or whatever, but it was very well-designed and it gave us more than we can handle."

"I've been around getting thrashed like this, but I knew that (going into) the third game in a row. We had played pretty well against Florida State. We played pretty well against Georgia Tech leading into the fourth quarter when we were tied. But this bunch of guys is different. Their style of play and their physical approach and their ability with (Zac) Taylor to throw the football down the field really gave us more than we could handle. We were probably overmatched in some areas."

WOW is this impressive about us or what?!!!

Troy Coach Larry Blakeney

Postgame Quotes

Saturday, Sept. 23, 2006

On Nebraska

"Best football team we've faced in a long time. Great coaching on their side of the field. Their players were prepared and ready and big and fast. I don't know what they call that offense, if it's west coast or east coast or south coast or whatever, but it was very well-designed and it gave us more than we can handle."

"I've been around getting thrashed like this, but I knew that (going into) the third game in a row. We had played pretty well against Florida State. We played pretty well against Georgia Tech leading into the fourth quarter when we were tied. But this bunch of guys is different. Their style of play and their physical approach and their ability with (Zac) Taylor to throw the football down the field really gave us more than we could handle. We were probably overmatched in some areas."

Thats nice to hear, coming from someone battle-tested like that. Did he mention anything about the stadium atmosphere?

The stadium atmosphere (to this Troy fan) was great - probably not as great as it was during our visit in 2002, but that game then was closer and our team actually tried.

I've been at every Troy game this season and the Florida State atmosphere was the greatest. Of course, in that game Troy led much of the way and only lost in the last two minutes. Plus, there were more than 10,000 screaming Troy fans in Tallahassee, ratcheting up the excitement.

Ga. Tech was O.K. It got loud for a 50,000-seat event, but Nebraska was better.

Congrats on the win, your great hospitality and please win out. Hopefully, Troy will do the same and show that last Saturday was a fluke.

Maybe next time we'll bring a team with us. :)

Here are my pictures from Lincoln and the first three Troy games.

Troy - Nebraska Picture Gallery

dcag4725_std.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. And don't be too hard on your team - they had just played two tough games, then had to travel yet again. It would be asking a lot from any team to do that, and then have to face the Huskers when they were looking to get the taste of the USC loss out of their system.

Glad you enjoyed the game and the atmosphere!