Ricthie Will Play This Year

Armistead

Ritchie will be given enuff rope to hang himself or pull himself out of the hole he is in....Lets face it, BC can't let this guy run wild and then tell the rest of the team that dicipline is important....Ritchie will be there for the big 12 opener and he will still be a 1st round pick in the nfl draft.....that is of course if he can get his sh#t together

Looks like some are acting like this was outta left-field.. including Poppa Cognito. Get real, this is the type of "head in the sand" attitude that is partly responsible for your son being in the position he is today. Get a clue Cog Sr.

News of Incognito’s suspension came as a surprise to Richard Incognito, who said he talked to Richie this week but only to discuss Labor Day weekend plans for fly-fishing on Saturday and a Monday trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha.

“That’s news,” Richard Incognito said of the suspension.

He said he hadn’t heard from Callahan or anyone from Nebraska’s athletic department.

“I think I would deserve it as a parent,” he said.

Gimme a break - Callahan owes you nothing as a parent. He owed it to Rich to give him some type of idea, which Im sure he did, but the onus falls on the monster you created to fill you in on his impending self-inflicted punishment.

“We’re all concerned about Richie’s future, more as a person than a football player,” Mann said. “It’s very disappointing what happened. I care about him and what the future holds for him.”

Incognito’s immediate future is unclear. Callahan did not say how long Incognito’s suspension might last, or if he would rejoin the team this season.

Looks like they are almost hoping he just "goes away quietly". Maybe they want to see what type of impact his loss will have on the success of the team...?

It was private between the team, myself and Richie,” Callahan said. “I’m really disappointed because he’s a really good player.  But no one is bigger than the team,” Callahan said.

To your point Armistead - Cally apparently agrees with you about setting a precedent.

Kurt Mann, a University of Nebraska-Lincoln sophomore, will start as center in place of Incognito in the Husker’s season-opening game against Western Illinois, which begins at 6:10 p.m. on Saturday.

Mann, a Grand Island native, will be playing in his sixth game as a Husker and starting for the first time.

This kid's a stud and has the make-up to get the job done. It will be tough adapting but he will fill the shoes nicely. Just be patient folks.. and as Bob said "everythings gonna be alright.." B)

Read the full art here: http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/displa...2/413694bb2704a

whatta POS. him and his old man both. go fly fishin you jerkoff and jus jerk each other off some more into believin it was "the man " that got you down. it jus seems like they have the attitude like everyone is out to get them. he did it to HIMSELF!! screw em we don need the bad pub like eric said.

I would try my best to save face for my family and my son if I was in Cog SR place...lets give the guy a break, I'm sure he has had a real long talk with Ritchie and as I said before...He will be back and when he gets right we will all be glad it was handled with class....I can only hope that Ritchie or His Father don't go for the gas can in the press and burn what I know to be an honest effort by the Coaches to keep their best player from killing this team and ruining his shot at the NFL..

Now I'm ready to move on to the business of watching The Big Red play football....Not since the 93 Orange Bowl can I ever remember a team with so much talent getting so little respect...Let's go and get some!