Callahan suspends Incognito indefinently

Incog hasn't been at practice the last two days. Apparently his behavior goes all the way back to when Milt Tenopir was here. He wanted to transfer after he left. Then him and Cotton didn't get along. This year it seems the coaches won't out up with any of his negative actions.

Did anyone else see the picture in the Omaha World Herald with Incognito on the sidelines??? I thouht he was suspended. I know he wasn't in pads but should he be on the sidelines?

That's what I thought. I thought he wasn't going to be on the sidelines but could be in the stands? :blink:

Could be that this is a sort of last-ditch attempt to straighten him out. If he can't be on the sidelines, he feels he's no longer part of the team in any capacity. If he's on the sidelines, he still feels he has a chance to make amends and return. And to me, at least, sitting on the sidelines, listening to my team mates and the coaches - well, that would fuel my fire to do whatever I had to in order to return.

Possibly. But the picture I saw has him standing, leaning up against the fence as if he doesn't want to be tere. I wonder if he's just ready to bolt??? JUst doing it to make a few people happy???

I know a lot of the players are worried about him and some of the coaches probably. For instance, what is he going to do if he's not playing football? Can he handle himself in society without the chance to know someone around and take out his frustrations??

That is one of the questions that would always ponder TO. Why do you think he let Phillips back. If he didn't Phillips would go back out on the streets and gang bang. This is in essence what he did after he got out of school, but there were plenty of players that were able to get there lives back together with the help of coaches and football

Possibly. But the picture I saw has him standing, leaning up against the fence as if he doesn't want to be tere.  I wonder if he's just ready to bolt???  JUst doing it to make a few people happy???

I know a lot of the players are worried about him and some of the coaches probably.  For instance, what is he going to do if he's not playing football?  Can he handle himself in society without the chance to know someone around and take out his frustrations?? 

That is one of the questions that would always ponder TO.  Why do you think he let Phillips back.  If he didn't Phillips would go back out on the streets and gang bang.  This is in essence what he did after he got out of school, but there were plenty of players that were able to get there lives back together with the help of coaches and football

That's true. But at what point do you have to sever the connection for the good of the university and the team? Afterall, it is a football team not a rehab center. :)

You guys all make good points, but are you sure he was really on the sidelines?? I was actually sitting right behind the bench in the 2nd row, and one of the only good parts of having seats that low was seeing the players and recruits up close. :ph34r: I did see Cog lumberin around the outside of the fence behind the bench - I think he was with that other kid who got suspended (Defrand?) big brutha - and he walked up to the fence a couple times to say somethin to the fellas, but it seemd like they may have been told to not interact with him, b/c they kinda ingnored him. For a sec I thought he was gonna go over the fence and start mashin.. :blink: but then this chick came up to him for a picture. :rolleyes: So he smashed the camera over her head and powerbombed her!! :angry: .. wait only part of that is true...just cant remember which part.. :unsure: ..nonetheless I think that pic you guys saw in the paper may have been him leaning against the OUTSIDE of the fence, so naturally he would seem a bit more laid back. But yes overall he didnt seem too enthused to be there .. pretty much just struttin around like he didnt give a flip. Wow he is so cool. B)