Defensive worries

Something that I am really, really starting to worry about is the attitude of our defense.

If you think about it, many husker fans (a most knowledgeable bunch) are really questioning the playcalling of Cosgrove. Why? Because it 'appears' to us, the fans, and even many sportswriters, that Nebraska is not playing to our strengths.

I am just wondering if this attitude will start filtering its way into the players....

Hearing comments from our players, such as:

"Our hands were tied"

"Miscommunication"

"We've got to get some things straightened out"

Also, playing a 4-3 defense, making our linebackers play DBs and forcing our d-linemen to hold back for fear of a run up the gut, has got to make the players second guess the playcalling.

I hope this game doesn't cause any dissension and I hope the seniors are in the middle making sure it doesn't, but I also hope that Cosgrove starts pinning his ears back a little.

I saw fire and desire in OT from the defense.... from the d-line and linebackers. Why? Because they got to do what they are good at; do what they are really meant to do... try and eat the quarterback.

In my honest, but hopefully wrong opinion, if we continue to play this way against other Big 12 teams, we are going to lose.

I mean come on.... I blitz nearly every down in NCAA Football 2006 and I kill my oponents.... :hmmph