Osborne's take on our running game

You know, my personal take on the whole Callahan situation is that he's a great coach and the change was necessary for the program. What I didn't like was how the change was handled (Solich was cut before our bowl game that year, right?). I just felt the change was right, but handled in poor taste by the powers that be. I think everyone will come around in the next year or two, especially now that the west coast offense is proving itself.

I remember when TO retired and I was quite sad to see him go. Even though I knew he was going to retire at some point in the near future, it was still a shock.

In case anyone wants more details on my TO encounter, I was a senior in high school. Some of the details are a little fuzzy because this was a while back. The gist of it is a group of us seniors were heading to an awards deal on the east coast and somehow our flight got messed up or cancelled. Anyway we were kinda stuck. I guess they were flying to the same city or in the same direction and had a chartered Leer type jet, I think. So we managed to hitch a ride!

I wish I could say he sat with us all flight and chatted away, but he didn't. Don't get me wrong, he spent time talking with us and was very amicable, but he had some serious things to discuss with a few others on the plane, so they spent the majority of their time discussing business or whatever was on the agenda. Still, he was an engaging person and definitely made a good impression on us all. His wife sat with us the whole time, though, and she was absolutely wonderful. Just an amazing couple of people all around!

You know, my personal take on the whole Callahan situation is that he's a great coach and the change was necessary for the program. What I didn't like was how the change was handled (Solich was cut before our bowl game that year, right?). I just felt the change was right, but handled in poor taste by the powers that be. I think everyone will come around in the next year or two, especially now that the west coast offense is proving itself.

I remember when TO retired and I was quite sad to see him go. Even though I knew he was going to retire at some point in the near future, it was still a shock.

In case anyone wants more details on my TO encounter, I was a senior in high school. Some of the details are a little fuzzy because this was a while back. The gist of it is a group of us seniors were heading to an awards deal on the east coast and somehow our flight got messed up or cancelled. Anyway we were kinda stuck. I guess they were flying to the same city or in the same direction and had a chartered Leer type jet, I think. So we managed to hitch a ride!

I wish I could say he sat with us all flight and chatted away, but he didn't. Don't get me wrong, he spent time talking with us and was very amicable, but he had some serious things to discuss with a few others on the plane, so they spent the majority of their time discussing business or whatever was on the agenda. Still, he was an engaging person and definitely made a good impression on us all. His wife sat with us the whole time, though, and she was absolutely wonderful. Just an amazing couple of people all around!

Even still to be in the same 'room' (bad analogy), ok plane would be a great experience. The Osbornes are a class act all the way. :thumbs

Isn't Best of Big Red run by them? (Which is also my favorite place for buying all my Husker garb.)