turnovers

Oh god, here we go. I thought some rtard would bring this up.

The coach, any coach, can pound into the players the importance of holding on to the ball. Any coach, even a peewee coach, tells his players this. If the players don't do it, you blame the players. That's it. Period.

Anyone remember the days when Ahman had trouble holding on to the ball? Exactly.

If you honestly feel that Callahan hasn't told the players to hold on to the ball, I feel for you,

I dont know thats such a BS statement. I realize coaches can only do so much from the sidelines, and by this age it should be automatic by now, but why is it that all the supeior coaches always seem to lead the league in TO margin??? there is some art to programming a team to be TO savvy.. on O and D.

The way I see it, holding on to the ball is a very fundamental thing. No matter what level you play on, you can't give the ball away. It's not as if the players get to D-1A and forget that holding on the to ball is important.

I will give you that Dailey's inexperience with the offense is leading to bad decisions. But that's on him, not the staff in my opinion

it may be avery fundamental thing but there are THINGS youcan do in practice to work on this stuff. running is afudamental thing but gues waht the more you do it the better you get at it. and as you can see from my pic Im a dam good runner.

someone had to bring this up so thanks wisnerhusker there was nothing retarded bout that. you need someone to say the things nonoe wants to hear you cant just avoid them.

it may be avery fundamental thing but there are THINGS youcan do in practice to work on this stuff. running is afudamental thing but gues waht the more you do it the better you get at it. and as you can see from my pic Im a dam good runner.

someone had to bring this up so thanks wisnerhusker there was nothing retarded bout that. you need someone to say the things nonoe wants to hear you cant just avoid them.

Do we know that these things aren't happening in practice? If they aren't, sure, work on it.

When I reffered to retardedness, I was more reffering to the way I read the first post. It seems there is an underlying message there that Callahan doesn't know how to coach. That, IMO, is retarded.

• 3 weeks later...

Turnovers and Penalties are a result of disipline. My guess is that during the games is not the first time that these things are taking place. If the coach is seeing these things in practice, he must do something about it. This is as much Bill's fault as it is the players. Bill must take charge.

Yea, cause the coach can be on the field helping the kid hold the ball.

Listen, in my mind it all comes down to the KID HAS TO HOLD ON TO THE BALL. No matter how many times you tell him, it doesn't mean he isn't going to be scrapping for a few extra yards and get the ball stripped when he should have just gone down (*cough*green*cough*). The players play the game, not the coaches.

Turnovers and Penalties are a result of disipline. My guess is that during the games is not the first time that these things are taking place. If the coach is seeing these things in practice, he must do something about it. This is as much Bill's fault as it is the players. Bill  must take charge.

Listen, in my mind it all comes down to the KID HAS TO HOLD ON TO THE BALL. No matter how many times you tell him, it doesn't mean he isn't going to be scrapping for a few extra yards and get the ball stripped when he should have just gone down (*cough*green*cough*). The players play the game, not the coaches.

There are many drills you can do to hold onto the ball and the huskers had to do back when big dan played and was fumbling all the time. I learned them all today in my theory of coaching football class.

Turnovers and Penalties are a result of disipline. My guess is that during the games is not the first time that these things are taking place. If the coach is seeing these things in practice, he must do something about it. This is as much Bill's fault as it is the players. Bill  must take charge.

There are many drills you can do to hold onto the ball and the huskers had to do back when big dan played and was fumbling all the time. I learned them all today in my theory of coaching football class.

I know. But again, how do we know that those aren't going on in practice and the people fumbling just aren't getting it?

I know. But again, how do we know that those aren't going on in practice and the people fumbling just aren't getting it?

I don't know. We could be but if I had to bet we might do it every once in a great while but I bet bill spends most of practice time working on his beloved west coast offense.

IF the players aren't getting the drills then the coaches must do something else to get the point across to them. A coach just can't give up and put him in the game knowing that he might fumble because he couldn't do the drill in practice. If they can't do the drill in practice they shouldn't be on the field playing. You would not put in a reciever into a game to catch a football if you watched him drop ball after ball in practice. Coaches have to preach to the players the importance of turnovers and how they can win and lose ball games.