hanging on to the good days

chucker21

Dear Dave,

Thanks for addressing all the issues that needed answering.  I don't get the LJS anymore.  The Husker HotPak got to California the day after they played the next game and I get better coverage on the web with Huskers.com and all of the great chat boards and sports sites.

I don't doubt your experiences you have with the LJS. After their handling of the Solich firing and some of the articles that I have read online, they are pretty much irrelevant in my opinion

So you are in Cali? Where at?

Dave,

I live in a small town called Hemet about 20 miles southeast of Riverside(80 miles east of L.A.). It was smaller in 1984 when I moved here but low housing costs have made it grow but it still reminds me of some of the towns in Nebraska except the mountains.

Hope to hear from you more.

Man, I just don't know what to say other than the fact that we need to keep this thread going for as long as possible. I bet I spent half an hour reading this stuff. I really think this is why I choose this board over others. Most of the time there is very smart conversation going on. This scares people off. Screw'em. I don't even want to post anything so that I don't mess this thread up. Outstanding debate. ;)

I live in a small town called Hemet about 20 miles southeast of Riverside(80 miles east of L.A.). It was smaller in 1984 when I moved here but low housing costs have made it grow but it still reminds me of some of the towns in Nebraska except the mountains.

Hope to hear from you more.

Salute Rawhide...I almost took a job out there. Hemet gets very hot doesn't it???

College of the Desert over by you. I was recruited by them for football.

Man, I just don't know what to say other than the fact that we need to keep this thread going for as long as possible.  I bet I spent half an hour reading this stuff.  I really think this is why I choose this board over others.  Most of the time there is very smart conversation going on.  This scares people off.  Screw'em.  I don't even want to post anything so that I don't mess this thread up.  Outstanding debate. ;)

Right on I would second that! Unfortunately Ive been buried this week or I would have already nominated everyone in this post for "best post of the week".

So instead Im just going to make an E-decision and award everyone in this damn thing winners of the week for 6 Huskerboard points. Nice job fellas keep it comin!! :)

One last thing on this subject from me. I believe Dr. Tom tried to recruit great players and even though they may have had problems in the past he would overlook that and try to help them grow into upstanding young men. Nobody can make me believe different unless Dr. Tom himself said he only recruited to win games. The 1995 team had more problems than most but who can argue about what they accomplished. LP didnt even need to play in the Fiesta for a win but I know Dr. T just wanted to let him play for an increased chance to get drafted. After that it was up to LP. If everyone from around the country would send in articles from football players and programs in trouble the server would probably burn up. He who is without sin cast the first stone. I think a lot of people forget about that and try to cover up their own shortcomings.

GBR

Hemet isn't HELL but you can see it from here.