K-State Weekend

N Zone

What position do we need the most help at?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did we lose the recruits? Answer is No, well it's really no not yet. In fact we gained one commitment. However, if we had won, you can only imagine the added success it would have gained us. That is for two reasons.

One being that all of the recruits talked about how great the crowd was. Just think about how great it and the city would have continued to be if we would have won the game. Most of us have been in Lincoln after a loss and know the type of shut down that happens. The atmosphere would have been through the roof fabulous if we had beaten the hated Wildcats.

Two, we wouldn't have all this talk about Frankie being fired, which will have a negative effect on recruiting.

All of the players that attended the game said the loss did not affect their decision. All of the guests had a great time in fact. There was quite a list of prospects at the game. From the highly touted to the not so well known. However, all but one came away giving the University, coaches, and atmosphere rave reviews.

Sidarean Adams, who is Fabian Washington's good friend and our top I-back on the board right now had a great time and we have jumped ahead of Michigan State for the lead with this game breaker. Last game 8 carries for 256 yards. He still has visits to Miami, Ohio State, and Georgia. Tough road, doesn't look good.

Antoine Bagwell, we signed him in 2002, but he didn't qualify and went to JUCO. He doesn't have an offer, but will commit upon receiving one. We may be forced to do so.

Chris Bowers, DE from Louisiana. He is the one recruit that didn't have a particularly good time. He will probably end up at Ole Miss.

Courtney Grixby, I think we have this one in the bag. His brother has been raving about the new coaches and especially the defensive coaches. He is a must get and I think we will. It will be huge when we land this lock down corner. Let's just hope all this crap from the papers in Nebraska and the deal with Frank doesn't make him go elsewhere.

Greyson Gunhiem, DE from Cali. Boy do we need this kid. Along with Sidarean, he was picked up and taken to Lincoln via private jet. That is an awfully nice touch that Nebraska hasn't really used before. He left town wearing Husker gear, but has not committed. He still has a trip to USC planned. And us against USC, I give them the win every time simply based on geo factors I dont need to mention.

Brandon Gunn, this is a kid we can get if we want him. The problem is we only want him if we strike out on about 5-6 other RB's. My belief is that I think we will get him for just that reason.

Tatusi Latui, he is 6'5" and 370. He would be a huge get, but again we are going against USC. He had a great time and still lists us really high, but the other problem is that he is a Mormon and has a visit scheduled to BYU. I wouldn't count on this one, but for some reason, I just don't think we are out of it yet. If you saw him at the game (and he was hard to miss), you saw the smile and the pretty lady leading him all around. All of these things are good. At least now we have coaches that select players that the other great football schools like as well.

Byron Smith, DT from Kilgore JC. He is from the same school as Super Demorrio, who was his host. We got his commit and that is big. The kid is a load and we could certainly use some players on the DL that haven't already been Jamrog'd with horrible technique. If he plays right away, he will probably be really good for at least 5 games before Jeff ruins him.

Brian Wilson, a big DT or DE from Cali. He came without an offer and left without one, but don't look for that situation to remain. I think we offer and he will commit as soon as we do. He could be a diamond in the rough.

So there you have it. We didn't strike out, but we don't exactly have a great shot with any but a few of them.

More updates when significant news surfaces.

Anyone else have any insight or thoughts?

NZone

Thanks for the insight NZone. Pretty interesting. Not convinced though that the game didnt affect them more than they are leading on. Cant help but think that if it came down to 2 teams, the cat debacle and the coaching turmoil could sway them.

One other thought. Why is it that now suddently our lack of "talent" and recruiting deficiencies are such hot topics? Well I know its b/c we're losing, but hasnt that always been the case at NU, even when Dr. Oz was in town? As long as I can remember, we have been known for doing more with less than any other team. Always had the lower ranked 'cruits on paper, but managed to turn K-mart discount talent into Sears hardware. Is there any difference now, or is it possibly the talent in head coaching that is our biggest weakness??? :unsure: I'd be interested to see the numbers from the previous years, comparing the championship years recruit rankings (and the 4 years preceeding them) to the past 2 yrs. Anyone know where we could find this info?

Blackshirt :ph34r:

I really think kids today aren't into waiting. They want to play right away. Therefore NU could get a few, but it's really difficult to gauge these guys now. Have to wait till after January because any of these guys can change any day. Kind of a crappy thing, but it happens all the time.

Negative recruiting has certainly been on the rise. This head coaching crap going on is so going to be used agianst us. We'll have to do our best.

I think the Adams kid is going to come. Fabien Washington loves Lincoln. He showed this Adams kid its okay and even cool to be in Lincoln. Pure athlete.....we need it.

I think well get the big mormon too!! He met and hung out at a church fore like an hour and a friggin half. He knows there's mormon's here.

Grixby is a must...in state and beat out a rival. He knows he can get Nebraska pu&&y too. He is not a gift from NU coaches. Like some of these in state guys of years gone by.

f#*k Gunn, he sucks. If he comes he'll sit for for years and play special teams. There are plenty of guys better than him.

Bagwell is a waste of time too. NU shouldn't bother.

If you look at the top 100, Nebraska is in a bunch of these guys. Not at Oklahoma or Texas's level yet, but certainly improving.

Keep the faith

Eric "the Red"